Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 11:55 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

I had a brief relationship with the Daughter of a Christadelphian Brother, she was a real Church "Goer", I can tell you. it made one wonder, just what the heck was going on.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I had a brief relationship with the Daughter of a Christadelphian Brother, she was a real Church "Goer", I can tell you. it made one wonder, just what the heck was going on.
Nothing would surprise me spitty but I never question anything of a holy nature ....just in case

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 06:03 PM

I just got back from yet another funeral, I had to travel down to Carlow, no relation but a very old and dear friend of mine. It’s very true what they say, the older you get the more funerals you get to. To be honest I’m becoming browned off with them, worse still I’m becoming sort of immune to them if you know what I mean.
I’m knackered now so I’m up to me bed for a nap.

That is a lovely song no doubt, thanks for that Solo.
Ah confessions, had me belly full of them in me day, the last time I got confession was back in 1965 the night before I was married.

Flying banknotes, now there’s a new hazard created by modern banking, you takes yer money out of the machine and it blows away, of course that would never happen in the old days, the money was always safe from gusts of wind because it was only taken out of the purse or wallet whilst in the safety of your local shop or pub, besides the money was metal and wind proof, seldom did paper money reside in the common purse back then.

I once courted a clergyman’s daughter Spitty?, Grace was her name and a graceful little angel she was too. Although a clergy man he was a man after me own heart, very obliging, he invited me to dinner one Sunday afternoon at the Vicarage and said I could do Grace before meals.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 10:23 PM

I once courted a clergyman’s daughter Spitty?, Grace was her name and a graceful little angel she was too. Although a clergy man he was a man after me own heart, very obliging, he invited me to dinner one Sunday afternoon at the Vicarage and said I could do Grace before meals.

What is done cannot be undone, the luck of the With-draw.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 11:08 AM

I avoid going to friends funerals as I find the talk so hypocritical the way it goes from "how good they were" to 'all their faults being brought up' in the space of such a short time. Rather remember as I want to remember them.

Those new plasticky 5 and 10 pound notes are slippery little things and they won't fold up either and think nothing of leaping out of your purse with out warning...and it may mean they wash well for those who forget to clear their pockets but what's the point if the blasted things have done a flyer...and for once it has nothing to do with old or rheumatic hands as we are all getting caught out with them. I can't ever remember any other note that we have had that behaved like that.

Still good to know the sainted Dave Allen had trouble with a tenner too

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 09:51 PM

Yeh I remembered that one of Dave Allan's, that was when a tenner was a tenner.
We haven't had any of the plastic notes yet Solo.

Is human genetic engineering going on in labs on the sly?
They’ve had the technology to do this for years now and they’re just itching to go, so far only strict laws have prevented them.
We all remember when they created Dolly the Sheep, then we had the two headed calf which caused an outcry and then everything went very quiet after that. This makes me suspicious, very suspicious.
Although there are very tight rules and regulations regarding procedures in this field I think there is a hive of activity going on behind closed doors, especially in the three most powerful countries, USA, China, and Russia.
Scientists have ways of getting their own way, usually under the guise of “National security”, arguing that the opposition could take the lead and be the first to create a “Super soldier” for example, one who knows no fear and has the strength of ten men. It’s all about the few controlling the many, as it’s always been, and any ideas in that line are always welcomed by the few.
I’d be willing to bet as I type that there are some made to order humans already walking around the planet, apprentice presidents and chairmen for multi national companies, humans with some emotions deliberately removed, fully mobile zombies who look normal and act normal up front but behind it all they have no conscience nor human compassion, and certainly no love for other humans.
Give another generation and these creatures will have sired a whole new tribe of power hungry monsters, greed is a powerful driver and who knows it might all go belly up and with a bit of luck they might just turn on each other.

I was sitting at the bar today talking to Conor the landlord about this, he also owns a big restaurant in town, and two more in his native Cavan, he was saying he thought is was a great idea, made to measure people, well he would wouldn’t he, he’s an arch capitalist from Cavan.
“The first batch of genetically engineered workers I’d order would be ten bow legged waitresses” says he.
“Why is that?” says I.
“Because they’d be much quicker serving the customers, they wouldn’t have to walk around the tables”
Miserable Git.

This is someone’s idea of how girls will look in the future. Seems the Peter Lorre/Marty Feldman look will be all the rage. "What do ya wanna make those eyes at me for..."
Actually the third picture from the left looks a lot like one of the girls in my local bookies, she never smiles but she’s ever so efficient and never makes a mistake. Wonder has she got bandy legs? I’ve never seen her outside the counter.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

18-01-2020, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Yeh I remembered that one of Dave Allan's, that was when a tenner was a tenner.
We haven't had any of the plastic notes yet Solo.

Is human genetic engineering going on in labs on the sly?
They’ve had the technology to do this for years now and they’re just itching to go, so far only strict laws have prevented them.
We all remember when they created Dolly the Sheep, then we had the two headed calf which caused an outcry and then everything went very quiet after that. This makes me suspicious, very suspicious.
Although there are very tight rules and regulations regarding procedures in this field I think there is a hive of activity going on behind closed doors, especially in the three most powerful countries, USA, China, and Russia.
Scientists have ways of getting their own way, usually under the guise of “National security”, arguing that the opposition could take the lead and be the first to create a “Super soldier” for example, one who knows no fear and has the strength of ten men. It’s all about the few controlling the many, as it’s always been, and any ideas in that line are always welcomed by the few.
I’d be willing to bet as I type that there are some made to order humans already walking around the planet, apprentice presidents and chairmen for multi national companies, humans with some emotions deliberately removed, fully mobile zombies who look normal and act normal up front but behind it all they have no conscience nor human compassion, and certainly no love for other humans.
Give another generation and these creatures will have sired a whole new tribe of power hungry monsters, greed is a powerful driver and who knows it might all go belly up and with a bit of luck they might just turn on each other.

I was sitting at the bar today talking to Conor the landlord about this, he also owns a big restaurant in town, and two more in his native Cavan, he was saying he thought is was a great idea, made to measure people, well he would wouldn’t he, he’s an arch capitalist from Cavan.
“The first batch of genetically engineered workers I’d order would be ten bow legged waitresses” says he.
“Why is that?” says I.
“Because they’d be much quicker serving the customers, they wouldn’t have to walk around the tables”
Miserable Git.

This is someone’s idea of how girls will look in the future. Seems the Peter Lorre/Marty Feldman look will be all the rage. "What do ya wanna make those eyes at me for..."
Actually the third picture from the left looks a lot like one of the girls in my local bookies, she never smiles but she’s ever so efficient and never makes a mistake. Wonder has she got bandy legs? I’ve never seen her outside the counter.

Jem, just saying, you are probably to old for an Encounter, so, will probably never know.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

18-01-2020, 11:32 PM

I think we are at 13 Tevs, the max is 14, is it better to be at 14 because 13 is an unlucky number.
solo
UK

19-01-2020, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Jem, just saying, you are probably to old for an Encounter, so, will probably never know.
Are you saying that Jems energetic photon is missing a large transverse momentum .
solo
UK

19-01-2020, 12:42 PM

In the schoool holidays we used to get sent out with a sandwich and a bottle of lemon barley water....and warned to be home before dark...or else.

On our rambles we often stopped in on a farmer to see if he had anything that had been born funny as although rare he had once shown us a 2 headed calf before he put it down. We often discussed that little calf and wondered where things would go in the future.

Our comics were already predicting robots and space ships and we saw no reason to doubt that nor has it surprised me at the technology now being used.

What is scary though is an assassination can be triggered thousands of miles away and I doubt if anyone of my generation could have foreseen that. I could be wrong but I do believe we were more fairer minded as to how we preferred someone being 'taken out'. Long distance clobbering is simply not British is it. .

Mind you when we are not moaning some of us humans can still show a robot a thing or two....especially the old man with the mobiles at 4.28. for someone who can barely use one I was suitably impressed.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top