Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 09:16 PM

Nikon rubber grip expansion problem

i don't know why nikon use this absorbent material on their body grip parts. it was not that long ago I had to replace a hand grip on my Nikon D300.

Now the Nikon D810 card slot rubber type material is working loose. What causes it is the sweat from the hands. you can't just re-stick it down as the material actually swells . it is the resin they use is of poor quality as well.

When i did he D300 camera no more problems

you can just see the part that is beginning to lift in the photo.
So ordered a new grip which if as good as the one on the D300 will give no more trouble.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 12:51 AM

Re: Nikon rubber grip expansion problem

Just removed to "rubber" from the card slot cover. The resin had deteriorated quite badly. So just spent a lot of time removing remaining n the cover, now ready for new part when it comes. Noted the holes for lugs to fit into

ready for replacement part
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 05:15 AM

Hi

Realspeed.

Your photos are amazing,

I must admit that often I have no idea whatsoever you are talking about.

Such is life, we live and learn.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

17-12-2019, 11:25 PM

well the new part has arrived and fitted. WhatIi would stress is to make absolutely sure the remaining resin is completely removed. The more time spent ensuring it is completely clean is essential. the new section came with a far better double sided gummed strip. So I first put that onto the plastic then laid the new rubber on that. This way ensured to location hole and lugs lined up. getting it in the right position has to be first time you don't get a second chance.

So here with the new part fitted

good as new now
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
well the new part has arrived and fitted. WhatIi would stress is to make absolutely sure the remaining resin is completely removed. The more time spent ensuring it is completely clean is essential. the new section came with a far better double sided gummed strip. So I first put that onto the plastic then laid the new rubber on that. This way ensured to location hole and lugs lined up. getting it in the right position has to be first time you don't get a second chance.

So here with the new part fitted

good as new now
Glad that is sorted now. That has happened to two of your Nikons - do you have acidic hands, or just unlucky?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

18-12-2019, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Glad that is sorted now. That has happened to two of your Nikons - do you have acidic hands, or just unlucky?
hot passionate paws I guess,, actually acidic skin, even gold goes green as say with watch strap or wedding ring

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top