Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 08:22 PM

Re: I Would Like To Announce......

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Why? Most self respecting mowers are in deep hibernation at this time of year.
Yes, l know, ST but this is a big battery that soon loses its charge if not used. So when l come to use the mower in the Spring, it’s flat as a pancake!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
That l did some ironing today for the first time since approx 2003!
Oh wait... don’t go... what did you think l was going to announce?

The reason, l ironed was... the weather was too bad to hang my washed bed linen out so l put it in the tumble dryer. The programme finished and when l opened the dryer door, the washing was quite hot, so l left it to cool. Big Mistake.

When l eventually took it out, well....my pillowcases looked like they’d been made out of elephant skin!
No way, could l sleep on those, so out came the iron. It’s a good job l hadn’t forgotten how to switch it on and use it!

Do you have any announcements to make? You know, like the wife’s pregnant, you’re getting married/divorced/ retaking your vows or you’re ‘coming out’?

I’d love to hear, especially the made up funny ones!
I always take mine out as soon as the machine is finished & hang them on the banisters, that way they don't get creased.
BTW I haven't used my iron for decades, it's very old fashioned now, but I do know where it is just in case I might need it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I always take mine out as soon as the machine is finished & hang them on the banisters, that way they don't get creased.
BTW I haven't used my iron for decades, it's very old fashioned now, but I do know where it is just in case I might need it.

Tiffany, Is your iron, one of those you heat on the fire?
I think my iron, might be a gas one!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I would like to announce....... that I am going to sort out my shed...stuff has just been thrown in with no regard for tidiness or ease of getting to stuff, and I’m going to definitely start after Christmas, as long as it’s not too cold..or wet or snowing, but it’s definitely after Christmas...maybe....
I will say the same about the shed. I haven't been in it since my late OH died, 3 years ago, took one look at the stuff in there & closed the door again on it, it's also got the biggest house spiders I have ever seen, another reason to forget it's there.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

16-12-2019, 08:41 PM

Tiffany, Is your iron, one of those you heat on the fire?
I think my iron, might be a gas one!
Not quite that old, Artie.
It was bought when we came here in 1973 & is the only one I have ever owned, as I said, decades ago.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-12-2019, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I will say the same about the shed. I haven't been in it since my late OH died, 3 years ago, took one look at the stuff in there & closed the door again on it, it's also got the biggest house spiders I have ever seen, another reason to forget it's there.
Tiffany, It’s funny you should say that but l saw a massive spider in my garage today, too. It was quite thin and spindly...nowt to eat in there l suppose?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 09:21 PM

I would like to announce that I don't know what "ironing" means , it sounds like a dirty word
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 10:36 PM

Yes, l know, ST but this is a big battery that soon loses its charge if not used. So when l come to use the mower in the Spring, it’s flat as a pancake!
Try charging the battery fully but don't connect it up again, that way the charge has nowhere to go so the battery should remain charged ready for spring!

That's how I use mine every year and until there were problems with the auto-start last year it worked very well. Now I have to get it fixed or continue using the cord start which is not good for a damaged shoulder.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Try charging the battery fully but don't connect it up again, that way the charge has nowhere to go so the battery should remain charged ready for spring!

That's how I use mine every year and until there were problems with the auto-start last year it worked very well. Now I have to get it fixed or continue using the cord start which is not good for a damaged shoulder.

I would like to announce......That.....
Nickel Cadmium (Ni-cad) batteries are notorious for losing their charge while being stored.
But Lithium batteries will hold their charge for longer and are generally smaller. Just Saying.......
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 11:27 PM

I would like to announce, some folks are very picky.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top