Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 07:32 PM

TSA padlock

OK what is a TSA padlock if you don't know.

It is a specially designed number combination padlock which can be opened via a key by customs officials if you forget the number code

This is what it looks like at least on my camera bag but they are all the same.

Mine came without any instructions and a key number with 810 programed in. Damn I thought it don't work.
Tried every number in turned by dialing down from 999 still didn't work. So how the hell do you unlock it???

eventually found out the setting was 000 ,obvious now I found out, so the padlock was open.

So how do I use it and lock the camera case, again more head scratching. no good just putting the case pull tags into the lock as shown

is not locked let alone with your dedicated number input.

More head scratching, nearly bald by this time. Had another close look and right underneath is a very very small push button

that is it on the right of the wheels the small round thing.

so you push that in- set your number and squeeze the plunger on the side which releases that small button. Your own number is then programed in. then you forget the number you programmed in

of course there is nothing to stop a thief taking the whole bag but it does stop the casual thief from rifling the bag for the contents
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 10:21 PM

Re: TSA padlock

Got some luggage with those on Realspeed....I always use the same number on all my combination locks and even on this computer....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 11:22 PM

We use them on our luggage too, they were only £4.99.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 12:38 AM

You can buy the TSA keys on line no need for the combination, total waste of money. Not to mention that virtually anybody can open a combination lock with minimal skill..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You can buy the TSA keys on line no need for the combination, total waste of money. Not to mention that virtually anybody can open a combination lock with minimal skill..
It's the ones with no skill that are more likely to try and steal your luggage Bruce......
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't possess any suitcases as I don't travel abroad but just a thought, wouldn't a razor sharp Stanley knife allow access to any type of luggage? That doesn't take much brain power either!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 09:54 AM

Here's a nice picture of the key to open Realspeed's lock TSA007 (they even handily print it on his lock).

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's the ones with no skill that are more likely to try and steal your luggage Bruce......
Doesn't take any skill to open it with a key.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

28-12-2019, 09:57 AM

Here's a nice picture of the key to open Realspeed's lock TSA007 (they even handily print it on his lock).

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Doesn't take any skill to open it with a key.

Ummm so interesting it was worth saying twice apparently.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 10:13 AM

Don't forget, the other purpose of a lock is to prevent items being added to your case.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 01:15 PM

i don't really know what Bruce is trying to achieve or even prove. Any lock is better than no lock and will stop the casual thief. It also stops the zips from undoing if the baggage is badly handled ,so they do have a purpose

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top