Join for free
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 10:32 PM

New Microsoft Edge

The new version of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium (the same as Google Chrome) is out of developer mode and now available for general download.

The installation removes the old version of Edge but I read that this hasn't been the case for some people who have installed the new version. Also, there have been reports that the new version doesn't install in the correct language. Neither of these problems arose in my installation.

Read more about the new Microsoft Edge in the Microsoft page linked to below. The page includes a link to the download page for those who want to install it. Maybe later would be best but the information that it is available has now been given.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...-for-download/
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 11:00 PM

Re: New Microsoft Edge

I have had Edge popping up for months and it's been a complete pain in the butt! It pops up when I am on Chrome and I keep trying to remove it. Ooh, it makes me mad!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 11:38 PM

Do you mean that it comes up on computer Start-up? If so, I had this problem a while ago and cured it by carrying out the steps described in the page linked to below where it says 'Through Local Group Policy Editor'. There is another way described in the page as well but unless happy about editing the Registry, then maybe ignore it..

https://www.howto-connect.com/disabl...nning-startup/

After I'd done this, I read of a much simpler way that might work in preventing Edge from popping up..

Right-click on the Desktop and choose 'Personalise' to bring up the Settings window.
Go to 'Lock Screen'
Turn off the switch next to 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen'.

If this works, it's kudos to the person who originally posted the suggestion.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 01:31 AM

I think I'll wait awhile .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 08:58 PM

I tried edge for awhile but didn't like it tbh.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 12:51 PM

I downloaded it and got a new version of nano adblocker to work with it,all seems ok to me.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

18-01-2020, 02:59 PM

The new version of Edge is much like any other Chromium-based browser. Browsers such as: Opera, Google Chrome, Vivaldi (and now Edge) are all Chromium-based. They put their own different options and interfaces on them but all work at about the same speed and in the same way.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top