Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tonich
New Member!
Glasgow
Tonich is male 

23-01-2020, 07:31 PM

Does anyone else blog?

I started about 18 months ago. The driving force wasn't to make money, become a blogging guru or get 1000's of views. It really started as a consequence of those conversations that involve 'when was that?' 'who was there' or 'I had forgotten about that'

I thought it would be nice to create records, photographic and written, that helped keep those special memories alive.
I'm not a natural writer and was terrible at English at school but I have to say that I love it!

I don't really care if it's never seen as it has been a great learning experience and still continues to grow as life goes on.

I would highly recommend this blogging nonsense.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 07:40 PM

Re: Does anyone else blog?

It's fantastic fun ... I did it for years blathering away everyday as a Penguin.
After about 3 years I ran out of new interesting things to say.
Tonich
New Member!
Glasgow
Tonich is male 

23-01-2020, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
It's fantastic fun ... I did it for years blathering away everyday as a Penguin.
lol - Chatterbox!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 08:19 PM

Good for You,I wouldn't know where/how to start...anyhoo..My life aint that interesting..All My nonsense is posted on the 'Club Scotland' thread which no-one pays any attention to, thank goodness.
Tonich
New Member!
Glasgow
Tonich is male 

23-01-2020, 08:27 PM

I'll check out Club Scotland
Thanks
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 09:29 PM

I'm afraid I have to admit that I still don't really get it. What is it for and how the hell can you become a millionaire from it?

I'm sure I couldn't come up with anything interesting enough for others to follow.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm afraid I have to admit that I still don't really get it. What is it for and how the hell can you become a millionaire from it?

I'm sure I couldn't come up with anything interesting enough for others to follow.
Somebody better informed might be able to explain blogging better than me, but.....There was this bloke who called Robert who did a radio show every night and part of his time on air was taken up by a journal that he would update each night. The journal was called 'Bob's Log' and when adopted by others just ended up being called a 'Blog'....Just like followers on twitter, some interesting bloggers can have hundreds of thousands of followers who look forward to hearing the next entry in their journal. I'm not quite sure how they make money doing that though....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Somebody better informed might be able to explain blogging better than me, but.....There was this bloke who called Robert who did a radio show every night and part of his time on air was taken up by a journal that he would update each night. The journal was called 'Bob's Log' and when adopted by others just ended up being called a 'Blog'....Just like followers on twitter, some interesting bloggers can have hundreds of thousands of followers who look forward to hearing the next entry in their journal. I'm not quite sure how they make money doing that though....
Thanks OGF. I don't understand how people get to hear about it. I mean if I started a blog tomorrow, i would be one of about a million or so others. I have to admit though that I have never read a blog apart from one that was made into a book. It was called Blood, Sweat and Tea and was about the London ambulance service. A good read actually.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I don't believe that! I'm sure it was fabulous.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Tonich ->
I started about 18 months ago. The driving force wasn't to make money, become a blogging guru or get 1000's of views. It really started as a consequence of those conversations that involve 'when was that?' 'who was there' or 'I had forgotten about that'

I thought it would be nice to create records, photographic and written, that helped keep those special memories alive.
I'm not a natural writer and was terrible at English at school but I have to say that I love it!

I don't really care if it's never seen as it has been a great learning experience and still continues to grow as life goes on.

I would highly recommend this blogging nonsense.
How do you start up a blog? Is there a good host site?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top