Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 06:35 PM

Re: Impulse buying!

I am so glad I am not alone!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 07:47 PM

As Eric morcambe used to say...” they can’t touch you for it “
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Foxy, Have l said something wrong?

Haven’t you heard someone say to someone with a load of food... ‘Get it down you’?

Your mind is a total dirt track!
I was alright until I joined the forum Arty.....
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 09:30 PM

Nothing remotely wicked about impulse buying. Most people do that, myself included. This is especially true when we notice that the price is lower than we expect.
I have learned that if I go grocery shopping when I am hungry, I will invariably spend much more at the grocers.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Nothing remotely wicked about impulse buying. Most people do that, myself included. This is especially true when we notice that the price is lower than we expect.
I have learned that if I go grocery shopping when I am hungry, I will invariably spend much more at the grocers.
Ain't that the truth Bakerman......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am so glad I am not alone!

No, you are certainly not, Tabby.

I'm another guilty one.
Sometimes I find my sensible head in time, but not very often.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 05:49 AM

What time should we be there for brunch, ST?

A little splurging is good for the soul.

I had a summer dress arrive in the mail today that I sure didn't need , but it's hanging there helping me anticipate warmer weather.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
The same can happen if a shopping list is not written out and adhered to. You can then so easily buy items that are not really necessary or needed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2020, 10:53 PM

I have just read an article about 'Impulse Buying'.

It says:

"People splashing out on a treat such as a new lipstick, or a bar of chocolate can cost us to more than £144,000 over our lifetime!
This is the findings from new research that found we make 6,500 spur-of-the-moment decisions over a lifetime, including coffees, lunch treats and beauty products."

Blimey, it can soon mount up if we succumb, can't it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2020, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have just read an article about 'Impulse Buying'.

It says:

"People splashing out on a treat such as a new lipstick, or a bar of chocolate can cost us to more than £144,000 over our lifetime!
This is the findings from new research that found we make 6,500 spur-of-the-moment decisions over a lifetime, including coffees, lunch treats and beauty products."

Blimey, it can soon mount up if we succumb, can't it.
I've never counted, but if you add on all the unneeded clothing purchases I've made over the years, well........

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top