Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 05:23 PM

beware of your fridge

A warning!! I have had an awful few days. I have been getting terrible headaches and feeling. sick.
My daughter came on Saturday and Said "Dad, you fridge is leaking gas, we must get it outside" She and my other daughter took it outside and it was then I started to smell it. Apparently a pipe at the back had perished and although the leaking gas is not lethal it can cause major problems with older folk. It has now been replaced with a new one and I am starting to feel a wee bit better.
I have been advised and would advise anyone else to get their fridge checked now and then.
Having said this, it was 21 years old so I suppose it was about time it was renewed.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 05:47 PM

Re: beware of your fridge

21 years old!! Check all of the "Sell By" dates too maybe.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 06:25 PM

Thanks for the post big ben, do hope you will be feeling better soon now the offending device has been found. That is something I had never given a thought to, even though I've always had a fridge or fridge /freezer. Apparently it's the older fridges that have the older type of gas, more modern ones have another type.

Link below for anyone wanting more information about this:

https://homereference.net/freon-leak-in-house/
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 06:46 PM

We replace our fridge's every five years regardless of condition.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
We replace our fridge's every five years regardless of condition.
The most sensible thing. I wish I had thought of that years ago but like a lot of folk think If it,s working OK why bother.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 07:13 PM

Good advice Big Ben

I'm pleased you are starting to feel better now...
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 07:34 PM

Do all or most of the home refrigerators in the U.K. use gas power ? Interesting. In the U.S. we use electric powered refrigerators. To the best of my knowledge only recreational vehicles use gas power. Below is a photo of the kitchen in a high-end RV. On the extreme right is the fridge.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-Entegra-Coach-Cornerstone.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	11496  
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Do all or most of the home refrigerators in the U.K. use gas power ? Interesting. In the U.S. we use electric powered refrigerators. To the best of my knowledge only recreational vehicles use gas power. Below is a photo of the kitchen in a high-end RV. On the extreme right is the fridge.
I think they mean the gas, used as the refrigerant it will be the same in all fridge/freezers
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I think they mean the gas, used as the refrigerant it will be the same in all fridge/freezers
Ah, ok. I understand now. I thought that they were talking about refrigerators that were hooked up to a gas pipe coming out of the wall.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 10:25 PM

oh Ben, sorry to hear this but I'm really glad you are ok now.
Take care lad

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top