Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 06:00 AM

What's Hanging on Your Walls?

I've been shuffling the art and photos around today.

What decorates your walls?

Do you change what's there or does it stay the same?

What's your favorite?
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 06:12 AM

Re: What's Hanging on Your Walls?

Mostly pictures of dead people we don't know.It's not as grim as it sounds,they are smiling.

My BH found them in a charity shop.She was so disgusted that a family member could give them away she decided to give them a new home.I would prefer a Monet myself.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Mostly pictures of dead people we don't know.It's not as grim as it sounds,they are smiling.

My BH found them in a charity shop.She was so disgusted that a family member could give them away she decided to give them a new home.I would prefer a Monet myself.
So you mean these people were alive when they were snapped but they are dead now? Or they were snapped after they were dead?..Like a book of the dead only on walls?..Sounds like the latter but just checking.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 06:49 AM

That would be really weird.I did say they were smiling,a bit of a hint there about being alive and happy.
Time for your afternoon nap,I think.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 07:34 AM

Maybe there is no family member left to have them .
Some people have no relatives and when they are gone their stuff goes to the charity shop or is just chucked out.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 08:01 AM

In what I euphemistically call my office- all genealogy oriented
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Maybe there is no family member left to have them .
Some people have no relatives and when they are gone their stuff goes to the charity shop or is just chucked out.
I remember clearing out an Aunts house when she died...I felt terrible throwing away old photos of people in her photo collection but I had no idea who they were. It was like throwing away her precious memories ....very strange but i suppose that's what happens when we die...very sad though.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 08:22 AM

That would be really weird.I did say they were smiling,a bit of a hint there about being alive and happy.
Time for your afternoon nap,I think.
Alright smartarse. I don't know how weird you are. Have you not seen a book of the dead?..All dressed up..and dead. Some of them are smiling. Kind of.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 08:22 AM

Mostly Oil Paintings which my F-I-L painted at the age of 93, also War Medals from both Dad's.
keezoy
Australia

28-01-2020, 08:43 AM

My walls are covered with art done by family and friends and couple by moiself. Oil paintings, watercolours etc. Mostly abstract and weird - Not everybody's taste but we like them. Some charicatures. My mother and father in law were both artists so there's no shortage of stuff to hang.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top