Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 08:54 PM

My Day Out.

Hi

Up early, washed, hair done, all dressed up.

Picked up Goshia, who does not speak English and her daughter, aged 10 who does, at 7 and off to Manchester.

Kept off the motorways as far as possible, went the scenic route, weather was terrible and loads of holdups .

Queued in Traffic from Sandiway to the M56 and then all the way in to Manchester.

It was snowing, very slow traffic.

It took four hours to get to the middle of Manchester, a nightmare.

The car parks where full.

Parked on a meter in Chinatown, not cheap.

First point of call was the Polish Consulate, they needed papers, been here for 12 years and Olivia was born here.

Full employment history, but fallen foul of the new rules.

Left them there and went for a coffee.

Moved the car, went back and got them and then into Chinatown.

I had to get a Chinese Visa.

They had always lived in Rural Shropshire, so Chinatown was an experience for them.

Live food in the Supermarkets, people wearing masks, Bentley's , Ferrari's all over the place.

I got Olivia some Bubble Jelly, which exploded all over her, very funny.

Then took them into a Muslim Area, I had stuff to collect, again they were stunned.

Way back was better, much faster, stopped off at Blakemere, where Olivia had a falcon on her wrist.

All in all a good day out.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 11:28 PM

Re: My Day Out.

Sounds like you've been around the world
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 12:21 AM

Sounds like an eventful day, Swimmy, glad you survived it all!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 02:02 AM

Around the world in eighty da....

I mean, eight hours!

Productive trip with a fun spin on it!

I know how good it is to be out and about.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Up early, washed, hair done, all dressed up.

Picked up Goshia, who does not speak English and her daughter, aged 10 who does, at 7 and off to Manchester.

Kept off the motorways as far as possible, went the scenic route, weather was terrible and loads of holdups .

Queued in Traffic from Sandiway to the M56 and then all the way in to Manchester.

It was snowing, very slow traffic.

It took four hours to get to the middle of Manchester, a nightmare.

The car parks where full.

Parked on a meter in Chinatown, not cheap.

First point of call was the Polish Consulate, they needed papers, been here for 12 years and Olivia was born here.

Full employment history, but fallen foul of the new rules.

Left them there and went for a coffee.

Moved the car, went back and got them and then into Chinatown.

I had to get a Chinese Visa.

They had always lived in Rural Shropshire, so Chinatown was an experience for them.

Live food in the Supermarkets, people wearing masks, Bentley's , Ferrari's all over the place.

I got Olivia some Bubble Jelly, which exploded all over her, very funny.

Then took them into a Muslim Area, I had stuff to collect, again they were stunned.

Way back was better, much faster, stopped off at Blakemere, where Olivia had a falcon on her wrist.

All in all a good day out.
Thanks for sharing .... an enjoyable little read.

This got me thinking .... there is of course a Chinatown here in London, colour streets colourful, smiling people. But a Muslim Area? There isn't really one. There are restaurants, butchers, greengrocers, mosques scattered around all pretty drab-looking, nothing much to see. Most mosques don't welcome non muslims, shops and restaurants do and they are perfectly friendly, but still - nothing much to see. I wonder if Manchester is different.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top