Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 06:25 PM

Re: Affordable homes

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I doubt many people feel they would be better off moving hundreds of miles to live in what may be a rough neighbourhood riddled with crime. Anything not nailed down is nicked in such places and you're not safe walking down the street. Would you eave your friends and family for this?
You've been to where I live I see

Last night on facebook local crime page near me someone had their whole garden path stolen! The old man got up to no paving stones. Can you believe that. Nothing is safe round here.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So would you want to move to Birkenhead?
If we were just setting out as a young married couple with a less than median salary and wanted to get on the housing ladder then too bloody right

Keep in mind that house prices rise most at the low end of the market so our ROCE would be very good compared to the overall market.

The trick would be not to move but buy more low price houses. Tart them up and either rent them out or flog them taking the profit to be used for further investments.

It REALLY is that simple. Our son is well on the way to having quite a nice little stable already.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
You've been to where I live I see

Last night on facebook local crime page near me someone had their whole garden path stolen! The old man got up to no paving stones. Can you believe that. Nothing is safe round here.

That's unbelievable - a garden path!

Bet you didn't realise how apparently lucky you are to live in such a desirable location!

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top