Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 10:45 PM

Re: Will You Be Staying Up All Night To Hear The Election Results?

What election is that then Arty?......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Nope. Won't be watching. From the first exit poll onwards the TV stats people will be making all sorts of hypothetical guesses (they'll call it analysis) which will have absolutely no bearing on the final outcome.

My cat ate some tuna today, which as we all know reflects on the availability of this species of fish, which is related to the CFP and global warming. Oddly, he cleared the bowl in one visit instead of 2, which means that we can predict an SNP majority in Lyme Regis, which will yield a Labour majority of 458.43125 seats in the commons.
Blimey! He's good.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 10:49 PM

I used to stay up late (not all night) but won't be this time or any future times. They drag it out far too much these days. They could just wait until the votes are all in, then announce it on the news. I hate it when the result is known but votes are still being counted.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I used to stay up late (not all night) but won't be this time or any future times. They drag it out far too much these days. They could just wait until the votes are all in, then announce it on the news. I hate it when the result is known but votes are still being counted.
Agreed. My guess is that 80+% of the voting population owns a smartphone with fingerprint recognition login accessibility for sensitive apps. Which would mean that the vote could easily be made (with larger turnout) far more quickly and efficiently since only a small number of people would have to rely on postal votes or turning up at local election stations, leading to far fewer errors in counting and far fewer bits of paper to count.

As for security, if my experience is the norm, then it's a joke anyway. They didn't need/want to see any form if ID and I could just as easily have turned up a few times throughout the day knowing the name, address and postcode of any of my neighbours since it's highly unlikely that they had the same people working throughout the 15 hour shift who might have recognised me.

It could all be done by midnight.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 11:08 PM

I will be staying up till about 2, if the exit polls are correct it is going to be an exciting night
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 11:14 PM

Exit poll predictions... Conservatives 368
Labour 191
LD 13
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Exit poll predictions... Conservatives 368
Labour 191
LD 13
I'll ask my cat.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Too right, Dongle.

It will be all over every news broadcast tomorrow, and in every paper, and talked about non-stop on here too, no doubt. So why stay up to hear it too?

It's hardly like we won't know what happened if we go to bed, is it.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

12-12-2019, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Too right, Dongle.

It will be all over every news broadcast tomorrow, and in every paper, and talked about non-stop on here too, no doubt. So why stay up to hear it too?

It's hardly like we won't know what happened if we go to bed, is it.
Quite!

No doubt there'll be stories in due course of how some octopus "predicted" the final result anyway.

The infinite monkeys each pressing a typewriter key to recreate the works of Shakespeare springs to mind! As does the parrot in a Carry On film predicting the next horse race winner.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 01:05 AM

Just listen to LBC first 3 results in Labour have won two.

BUT BUT BUT Looks like Labour are getting their arses kicked.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top