Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 07:32 PM

Re: The Vaillant is Valiant!

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
I'm sorry but I burst out laughing at the "water shooting out of the overflow" part!

Who needs tawlty fowers!?

What? Oh, fawlty towers!!
You would have wet yourself if you'd seen the cat, she took it as a personal assault by me, no exageration water spurt must have gone 3 feet, the cat's indignation was probably not helped by me screaming switch the ******* water off. I'm afraid Fawlty Towers has nothing on this.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 07:35 PM

That's good, OB. You will now be as warm as toast

Enjoy the heat
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
You would have wet yourself if you'd seen the cat, she took it as a personal assault by me, no exageration water spurt must have gone 3 feet, the cat's indignation was probably not helped by me screaming switch the ******* water off. I'm afraid Fawlty Towers has nothing on this.
Oh goodness I can't stop laughing. I can just picture it in my head
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 10:18 PM

For the same money you could have picked up a good old Valiant Charger

hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 11:01 PM

Well he doesn't look old to me.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 11:29 PM

We don't have mains gas here either but our central heating is run by gas. We have bottled gas, our lovely gas man comes every other day. If empty bottles are left out he stops and replaces them. He's a really nice guy and will carry and fit bottles for people who can't manage. Our boiler is also a Vaillant, it was here when we bought the house in 1998, we came in 2000 and the boiler has been used every winter since then. This year extra radiators were added and the boiler checked over, still all good.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 11:49 PM

Between mine and yours Vaillant is receiving glowing reviews on here at least.

The winds are getting up here in Scotland and it's probably below zero in the garage (where the boiler is located) but it keeps on pumping out hot water come hell or high water.

Yes I could probably save about £200 on my yearly gas bill by getting a new condensing boiler but I'd be spending near £2000 for the thing and then after that how many years would it last me? Another 23? I don't think so.

As long as that Vaillant is repairable, I'll get it repaired.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and kiss it goodnight then toddle off to bed.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top