Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2011, 09:47 PM

Re: does your area have a flea problem?

Crikey - twice a week - the problem must be bad in Florida. Do you worry about the chemicals you have to use to get rid of them?
romfty
spain
romfty is male 

20-01-2011, 09:51 PM

Nope, don't reckon it at all............keep your dog clean and it won't get fleas.......they don't jump vast distances to land on your pooch, they have to be lain on for a while or picked up through vigorous romps. Keep ypur dog home for seven days, if it gets fleas, it's getting them from your house.
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2011, 09:53 PM

Star caps can & are used every day by just about everyone who has a flea problem but not by me. Don't want a chemical buildup in my Geeps. The vet. says that won't happen but not going to take chance. I flea comb her each day just to and keep the flea problem at a low roar. Florida is horrid when it comes to fleas.
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2011, 10:00 PM

I bomb the darn house once a month and Geeps gets a bath every two weeks with flea combing in between. they are right back.
Talked to a guy who sprays lawns-he told me not worth effort to spray for fleas-they are too used to the chemical that are used.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2011, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by romfty ->
Nope, don't reckon it at all............keep your dog clean and it won't get fleas.......they don't jump vast distances to land on your pooch, they have to be lain on for a while or picked up through vigorous romps. Keep ypur dog home for seven days, if it gets fleas, it's getting them from your house.

Have to disagree with you Romfty, and dragon as already said her dog is not neglected in any way! Fleas are not particular, they jump on people too if they are nearby, and presumably the fleas are not fussed if that person as just got out of a garbage can or pristine from a long luxurious Shower!

It is really unfortunate due presumably to the swampy areas of Florida.

Rainbow

Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2011, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by dragon ->
Star caps can & are used every day by just about everyone who has a flea problem but not by me. Don't want a chemical buildup in my Geeps. The vet. says that won't happen but not going to take chance. I flea comb her each day just to and keep the flea problem at a low roar. Florida is horrid when it comes to fleas.

I too do not support giving my animals too much chemical input!

I personally think that a lot of Pet illness may be linked to the increase of chemicals for everything!

Rainbow
dragon
florida, usa

20-01-2011, 10:08 PM

Thank God! Someone realizes I have tried & do all I can.
The climate & sugar sand is the real problem. Never stays sold enough to kill them off & sugar sand, all over the state, is a great place for them to hide.
Rainbow
Surrey UK

20-01-2011, 10:21 PM

Look up 'Garlic for dogs' on the Internet dragon, as a daily dose in her food, might possibly help. Check it out, and see what it says. Then you could decide whether it was worth a try!

Rainbow
dragon
florida, usa

20-01-2011, 10:25 PM

Will try that again only this time in concentrated form.
That should make for some lovely late night perfume.
She sleeps on end of my bed.
Lovely! Just lovely-NOT!!!!!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2011, 11:39 PM

Have you tried Tea Tree Oil Dragon? Apparently is very effective against fleas....maybe worth looking at that on the internet as well....

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top