Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 08:53 PM

It is meant as humour but also factual but we lost a cucumber

Our Cucumber, Ok your not the first to be told but still require some input....need ideas as when informed by intelligent sources one should not keep a slightly sagging cucumber in the Fridge..will keep better at room temperature..told my beloved and he said he would deal with that..that was yesterday.....late afternoon whilst preparing the Salad..asked the obvious question...Can you direct me to my cucumber..I say my as he does not like it...thoughts as searched through all kitchen cupboards so far....
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:03 PM

Re: It is meant as humour but also factual but we lost a cucumber

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Our Cucumber, Ok your not the first to be told but still require some input....need ideas as when informed by intelligent sources one should not keep a slightly sagging cucumber in the Fridge..will keep better at room temperature..told my beloved and he said he would deal with that..that was yesterday.....late afternoon whilst preparing the Salad..asked the obvious question...Can you direct me to my cucumber..I say my as he does not like it...thoughts as searched through all kitchen cupboards so far....
I'm not quite sure what you are saying, Dianne. Are you telling us that you can't find your cucumber?
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:04 PM

Oh, so it was still in the fridge? I always keep mine in the fridge - never had one sagging yet, but had them go manky if I forget about them and don't eat them quickly enough. It is amazing how quickly they can turn, almost overnight, from a reasonably firm fruit to a liquid mess

Should I really be keeping them at room temperature then?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:05 PM

I keep mine in the fridge...usually eaten within a couple of days so I don't know if they go bad really.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:12 PM

I always remove their condoms before I put cucumbers in the fridge - then they don't go soggy quite so quickly!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:13 PM

Dianne - has it turned up yet? Could one of the cats have taken a fancy to it?
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:13 PM

The Cucumbers here are not so firm as what we use to buy in England and same with Carrots...literally take them out of the packaging and let them breathe..Just fed up with waste sometimes..

Mostly I cook from fresh ingredients but have not ever grown cucumbers..courgettes, yes. they are good to grow as they start with the yellow trumpet flowers, very pleasant and then they turn into courgettes and if you leave them they become huge Marrows...anyway too late for the cucumber now today.....

Meal finished and trying not to think too much of this...missing cucumber..imagine already it is starting to get softer and soon will be squiggy....OMG...squiggy..
whoops nearly forgot spacing....
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

04-07-2021, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Oh, so it was still in the fridge? I always keep mine in the fridge - never had one sagging yet, but had them go manky if I forget about them and don't eat them quickly enough. It is amazing how quickly they can turn, almost overnight, from a reasonably firm fruit to a liquid mess

Should I really be keeping them at room temperature then?
So I am not the only victim....we could compare what we know even..might even get some kind of clue as to where would a male put a cucumber..he said he would not have left it in the open....so anything in sight..nope...ok forwards and onwards then....looking for hidden easter eggs must be easier than this....
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
where would a male put a cucumber
It depends on who he's trying to impress.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

04-07-2021, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Dianne - has it turned up yet? Could one of the cats have taken a fancy to it?
no they have more senses and go for meat fish...and cucumbers are really only water based....no appeal to carnivores....worth a stab at it Tabbs

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top