Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 02:42 PM

Bus Depot.

As I was waiting at the bus depot in Basingstoke, I realised I had to wait an hour for the next bus...which was fair enough.

As the minutes went by, I needed to take a wee, well, the thing was I had jack my dog with me, they aren’t allowed in the enclosed centre.

So I tied him up to the seat, said to him I’ll be back in a minute.

Well to my horror on my return there was some guy in uniform with a walkie talkie, about to take my dog away.

One of the bus drivers would you believe ,told this guy that he watched me abandon my dog,..they stand around the bus depot waiting to board their bus for work.

I said to the guy is everything ok, not realising what was going on, he said yes and said no more..

The bus driver how ever started slating me for abandoning my dog...

I had no choice but to tell him that I needed a wee , he then went on to say, you must have done your shopping as well...

It just goes to show how sometimes we’re not tuned in to what others see who are watching us, unbeknown to us.

I was very lucky because if I had been a few minutes later, he would have taken him to the dog pound.

My point is, be careful where you leave your dog.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 02:48 PM

Re: Bus Depot.

Perhaps you could learn how to have a wee against a lamp post Pauline. Let your dog teach you a new trick.

Suspect there'd be a few more people on their walkie talkies if you did
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
As I was waiting at the bus depot in Basingstoke, I realised I had to wait an hour for the next bus...which was fair enough.

As the minutes went by, I needed to take a wee, well, the thing was I had jack my dog with me, they aren’t allowed in the enclosed centre.

So I tied him up to the seat, said to him I’ll be back in a minute.

Well to my horror on my return there was some guy in uniform with a walkie talkie, about to take my dog away.

One of the bus drivers would you believe ,told this guy that he watched me abandon my dog,..they stand around the bus depot waiting to board their bus for work.

I said to the guy is everything ok, not realising what was going on, he said yes and said no more..

The bus driver how ever started slating me for abandoning my dog...

I had no choice but to tell him that I needed a wee , he then went on to say, you must have done your shopping as well...

It just goes to show how sometimes we’re not tuned in to what others see who are watching us, unbeknown to us.

I was very lucky because if I had been a few minutes later, he would have taken him to the dog pound.

My point is, be careful where you leave your dog.

That. --. Or be less particular where you piddle!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:04 PM

Sorry Pauline. Wasn’t there someone around that you could have asked to watch over your Jack for a few minutes?

I’m certain you felt like a criminal - men have it so much easier than us ladies…
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Sorry Pauline. Wasn’t there someone around that you could have asked to watch over your Jack for a few minutes?

I’m certain you felt like a criminal - men have it so much easier than us ladies…

To be honest I didn’t think about it, because I did the same thing two weeks back.

The thing was as well, this bus driver was slating me in front of a whole load of passengers waiting for their bus.

I have to be honest i gave it to him with both barrels, because he wouldn’t shut up...I had already told him I had to go for a wee.

He did shut up ,when I told him to mind his own business as loudly as he was slating me.....he looked pretty shocked.

It hurt me because I love my dog and would never abandon him.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-07-2021, 03:13 PM

Next time...I’m going to have a board with a sign written on it.

Explaining I have gone to the toilet, that was a close shave this morning...don’t want to experience that again.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:28 PM

You could take Jack out before you go to the shops, maybe? Even leaving him outside a shop while you pop in for a minute can be a mistake these days. I leave mine in the house when I go out, she is fine for a couple of hours.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-07-2021, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
You could take Jack out before you go to the shops, maybe? Even leaving him outside a shop while you pop in for a minute can be a mistake these days. I leave mine in the house when I go out, she is fine for a couple of hours.

It was me who needed the wee Pixie,....i was travelling back home from my sons in Newbury, first bus went to Basingstoke bus station, I caught the 9.40am from Newbury, when it reached Basingstoke,I had to wait a while for the 11.40 to my destination in Hampshire.

I was desperate for a wee, so went into the indoor centre where I believe dogs aren’t allowed , you are certainly right about it being a mistake leaving them tied up alone.

I was extremely lucky that this guy didn’t take him....it was a good lesson.

That bus driver didn’t imo be so rude..but then I think,he may have seen a few dogs abandoned at the station....

It was the way he communicated to me, he was slating me ,before I even had time to explain....telling me I had abandoned my dog.....
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
That. --. Or be less particular where you piddle!
Like Paula Radcliffe?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Like Paula Radcliffe?
Nah. That was just a lack of any class at all.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top