Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 05:16 PM

Re: Had jabs but still hospitalised.

Originally Posted by carol ->
Unfortunately Stuart has taken a turn for the worse & today has had to go back to hospital.

Paula & he mum are fraught as you can imagine.
Oh no. I’m so sorry. How very upsetting. Sending positive thoughts your way.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm glad he is OK now.

My daughter is poorly right now with Covid she too has had two jabs both Astra Zenica but she still got it.... she isn't in hospital. She says its like really bad flu.. of course my son in law has to isolate too which is such a shame as he was supposed to be at Silverstone this weekend. I haven't spoken to my daughter yet today but hopefully she is on the mend its very worrying.
I’m so sorry to learn this summer. How upsetting this must be to you. I hope she gets great care and as quick to recover.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Blunt but honest.
It's never pleasant seeing one of your own suffer though.

No vaccine is 100% effective and we're told that IIRC the AstraZeneca is over 90% effective after two doses - which means, of course, that some people will still be made ill by the virus.
Not many, but some.
Be grateful it wasn't the Pfizer vaccine because by all accounts that one is proving not to be as effective, according to the Israelis and others.

It's the other way round. The Pfizer vacine is the more effective.

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1088

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...f-vaccine-envy
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 05:42 PM

Unfortunately Stuart has taken a turn for the worse & today has had to go back to hospital.

Paula & he mum are fraught as you can imagine.
Carol I expect they have taken him back in because the virus will thrive if his blood sugar levels rise. In hospital they should be helping him to monitor his carbohydrates.
If he is on insulin they should also be able to help him adjust his injections, if he isn't eating as well as normal.
Infections are dangerous to diabetics, but at least he is in a place where they should be able to help keep his blood sugar at a reasonable level. That means no grapes or chocolate bars till he is much better! I hope he is soon on the mend again.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 05:45 PM

Oh gosh...Summer and Carol, I'm so sorry to hear this....I hope everything works out for you both!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 05:52 PM

I'm glad he is OK now.

My daughter is poorly right now with Covid she too has had two jabs both Astra Zenica but she still got it.... she isn't in hospital. She says its like really bad flu.. of course my son in law has to isolate too which is such a shame as he was supposed to be at Silverstone this weekend. I haven't spoken to my daughter yet today but hopefully she is on the mend its very worrying.
Summer do they check on how she is, or is it up to her to seek help if she feels worse?
If it is, tell her not to be too brave and get as much help as she can because this is an illness that only professionals know how to deal with.
I hope she is feeling much better soon!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 09:43 PM

I'm glad he is OK now.

Good job he missed Silverstone Summer !
He could have started another surge with 140,000 other F1 fans ??

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👍
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Good job he missed Silverstone Summer !
He could have started another surge with 140,000 other F1 fans ??

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👍
That would be described as a "superspreader" event, and it is why there's a passport scheme being introduced as an attempt to stop (or at least minimise the risk of) this sort of thing happening.
When people like that don't behave sensibly and in so doing put others at risk, I don't see that there are many workable alternatives.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 08:09 PM

The entire family are very worried now.
He has pneumonia & a suspected blood clot on the lung. In a lot of pain.

Just hoping he's strong enough to fight it.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 10:54 PM

The entire family are very worried now.
He has pneumonia & a suspected blood clot on the lung. In a lot of pain.

Just hoping he's strong enough to fight it.
Hugs to all.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top