Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 08:06 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 08:39 PM

Happy Halloween to you too Sweetie.
The kids started to call at the door from 6pm, Phyllis had plenty of bags made up for them. The bangers going off are driving the dog nuts, this will go on now until about 10pm.
I have two cameras covering the front door and the lead up to it from the gate, it’s handy to be able to see who’s coming. Happily most of the children are accompanied by adults, evil perverts will avail of every opportunity when kids are about.
They have fireworks going off at a club near me and they will go on till about 11.30pm, the bangers have stopped but now the fireworks are frightening the life outa the dog, I have tried everything to console the little fella but he keeps running to the window barking his head off.
I’s a wonder somebody hasn’t come up with a solution to calm dogs down at times like this, of course there’s always the wooden mallet in the shed, tempting eh?

Here’s one of my favourite personalities Boris Karloff with an appropriate song

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 08:43 PM

That is the classic song Jem.
Why all the fireworks?
We have no fireworks until Nov 5th.
My invention would be earplugs for dogs.
Bless a cuddle and a treat may help.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

31-10-2018, 11:47 PM

Good Night Possums x
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Who knows what plans the women have in store Gummy, there are ongoing mutterings between the wife and daughter of late, something is brewing with an interior decoration sniff about it, I’m bracing myself for another major upheaval any time now, hopefully whatever it is Christmas will intercede and gain me a few weeks grace.

Spitty here’s a kind of an answer for your query

The Guardian’s readers’ editor addressed the same subject in 2011 about what the appropriate term is, and referred to his paper’s own style guide where the word actor is to be used “for both male and female actors; do not use actress except when in name of award, eg Oscar for best actress”. It is also the style guide’s view that “actress comes into the same category as authoress, comedienne, manageress, ‘lady doctor’, ‘male nurse’ and similar obsolete terms that date from a time when professions were largely the preserve of one sex (usually men)”
If you have any more queries, feel free to share them.

I had 'one sex' once - does that count or was I only actiing??
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

01-11-2018, 06:15 PM

Well I say, where is the gang?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 10:09 PM

“His television films became increasingly flamboyant and outrageous. The film ?????(deleted) sought to portray Richard Strauss as a Nazi: one scene in particular showed a Jewish man being tortured while a group of SS men look on in delight, with Strauss's music as the score. The Strauss family was so outraged by the film that they withdrew all music rights. The film is effectively banned from being screened until Strauss's copyright expires in 2019”

(1)Who is this Director?
(2)What is the title of the film above?

(RJ. I know you know the answer to this)

Talking about classical music, I was about to post Beethoven's 5th, but I couldn't find it, I probably could have narrowed down the search if I knew whether it was a boy or a girl.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

01-11-2018, 10:38 PM

I’m watching Clint Eastwood on ITV4 now, the film is called ‘High Plains Drifter’ and Clint is riding the ugliest looking horse I ever saw, it’s a sickly white grey splattered with white spots. Alright maybe it’s the fastest thing on four legs, but he would make a terrible looking handbag, and that begged the question.
How come they use the hide of cows and other animals to make all types of leather goods, but never the hide of horses?
I’m not advocating killing horses for their hides by no means, I’m just curious as to why horse hide is useless, I know horse hair is used a lot. Anyone know?

All together now

Bless your beautiful hide, wherever you may be
We ain't met yet but I'm a-willing to bet
You're the gal for me
Bless your beautiful hide
You're just as good as lost
I don't know your name but I'm a-stakin' my claim
Lest your eyes is crossed
Oh, I'd swap my gun and I'd swap my mule
Though whoever took it would be one big fool
Or pay your way through cookin' school
If'n you would say I Do
Bless your beautiful hide, prepare to bend your knee
And take that vow 'cause I'm a-tellin' you now
You're the gal for me.
(Howard Keel)
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 11:06 PM

Jem, I guess that you are referring to the late Ken Russell, the enfant terrible of the silver screen.
I won’t name drop again, but he was a long time friend of my late mother, (couldn’t resist it). By an incredible coincidence they both died on the exact same day November 27 2011.
Mother occasionally asked m e to join them for afternoon tea during the summer of 2006. He was a delight, turning into mother's driveway, turning on the charm, & turning an ordinary afternoon into one quite extraordinary one.
We talked about Food & his recipes for some Italian dishes, recalling an article in which he was quizzed on his love of eating out. Very generously he gave out the name & location of his favourite watering hole, deep in the New Forest.
Caramba, when he tried to eat there shortly after disclosing the place the Maître d' had to turn him away because they were booked solid for the following three months.
He waxed lyrical about his productions particularly music.

But enough of this

Is the film SAVAGE MESSIAH?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

02-11-2018, 12:04 AM

Oops too much to read this late.
I will read tomorrow and post something worthy of Scribbles.

Good Night Possums. X

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top