Join for free
Page 2 of 51 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 10:55 PM

Re: Extinction the facts

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Not quite true, OGF. Any animals etc now extinct can never be brought back & there are hundreds of them from tiny insects to the Dodo & bigger animals.
Very true and so sad that we can't seem to stop it. We aren't a fly on a dog's back OGF, we are the dog.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 11:37 PM

You might find this interesting.

It really is a shock and horrible eye opener to what we have lost forever in the way of mammals, birds, reptiles, fish and even plants.
In fact, they say the rate of extinction has never been higher than it is today.

https://www.lifegate.com/extinct-spe...cade-2010-2019
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Not quite true, OGF. Any animals etc now extinct can never be brought back & there are hundreds of them from tiny insects to the Dodo & bigger animals.
Who did the survey Tiff? There are lots of places in this great big world of ours where man (or woman) has never been. There are species of insects and possibly animals we haven't even discovered yet. Some of the larger carnivores also exist in these uninhabitable places to return in number once we've gone.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Very true and so sad that we can't seem to stop it. We aren't a fly on a dog's back OGF, we are the dog.
You have a very limited view on the size of this planet Annie. I can understand why, when we can talk to people at the other side of the world in real time. News programmes and documentaries, not to mention the internet can make this planet seem a very small world. But far from it Annie, you can fly over the oceans, forests and mountains and never see another human, or something humans have built, for days on end. We are actually ;A fly, on a fly's back, on the dog!

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You might find this interesting.

It really is a shock and horrible eye opener to what we have lost forever in the way of mammals, birds, reptiles, fish and even plants.
In fact, they say the rate of extinction has never been higher than it is today.
I try not to concern myself with some journalist or naturalists view of the planet Mups. There seems to be a profound willingness for the media to do the human race down with Extinction this, destroying that, wasting energy, attacking the very foundation of all man has achieved over the years. There is a pattern emerging here Mups, and it is a far cry from the proud, adaptable and ingenious race we once were. We seem to have grown despondent and despairing, and above all, turning on each other if we don't tow the media line....
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This is so sad
And it’s nothing that most of us didn’t know .
It’s obvious that our growing population and needs would destroy our world .

I have known this for decades .

The facts sadly and starkly given by David Attenborough.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-54118769
Oh dear, DA a one trick pony now, he doesn’t even write his own scripts anymore, he is just a sad old man
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Oh dear, DA a one trick pony now, he doesn’t even write his own scripts anymore, he is just a sad old man
I used to like David Attenborough when he went to far flung places that we were unlikely ever to visit, and he taught us about the lives of the animals and the marvels that nature provides, but now he's on a one man mission to rubbish everything that man has created, and all he's interested in is raising money to save the orangutans and trying to reverse natural progression by saving the planet, together with all of the living things on it, except man...So negative!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Who did the survey Tiff? There are lots of places in this great big world of ours where man (or woman) has never been. [/B]There are species of insects and possibly animals we haven't even discovered yet. Some of the larger carnivores also exist in these uninhabitable places to return in number once we've gone.
Name one.

You have a very limited view on the size of this planet Annie. I can understand why, when we can talk to people at the other side of the world in real time. News programmes and documentaries, not to mention the internet can make this planet seem a very small world. But far from it Annie, you can fly over the oceans, forests and mountains and never see another human, or something humans have built, for days on end. We are actually ;A fly, on a fly's back, on the dog!
I must assume that you haven’t traveled very far lately OGF .
Actually to fly over somewhere human beings have never been or built would be nigh on impossible

I try not to concern myself with some journalist or naturalists view of the planet Mups. There seems to be a profound willingness for the media to do the human race down with Extinction this, destroying that, wasting energy, attacking the very foundation of all man has achieved over the years. There is a pattern emerging here Mups, and it is a far cry from the proud, adaptable and ingenious race we once were. We seem to have grown despondent and despairing, and above all, turning on each other if we don't tow the media line....
There are none so blind ........
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Why should he need tricks ?
He is sad because the wonderful world he has seen and indeed brought to many people though his programmes is fast disappearing .
He is a great man a man whose name will resound for generations to come .I am happy that I have shared the planet with a man like David Attenborough.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 02:48 PM

He is sad because the wonderful world he has seen and indeed brought to many people though his programmes is fast disappearing .
He is a great man a man whose name will resound for generations to come .I am happy that I have shared the planet with a man like David Attenborough.
Well said, Muddy, couldn't have put it better.
He is a living legend.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 02:50 PM

He is a great man a man
whose name will resound for generations to come .I am happy that I have shared the planet with a man like David Attenborough.

I do agree with you muddy.

Foxy and Vlad, much as I luvs ya, we'll have to beg to differ on this one.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I used to like David Attenborough when he went to far flung places that we were unlikely ever to visit, and he taught us about the lives of the animals and the marvels that nature provides, but now he's on a one man mission to rubbish everything that man has created, and all he's interested in is raising money to save the orangutans and trying to reverse natural progression by saving the planet, together with all of the living things on it, except man...So negative!
I have met so many DA’s in my life, generally in pubs, sad old men that endlessly repeat their one topic, be it extinction, aliens, the youth of today, immigrants, when I was in the war etc...( sounds a bit some forum posters)
I agree in his day he was good and worth watching..now? I turn to another channel.

Page 2 of 51 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top