Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 03:58 PM

Just a big con!!!

First let me say I have great admiration for the ladies below for not succumbing to cosmetic surgery.

I dare bet their beauty products are more expensive than mine and yet I can vouch even though I only use Oil if Olay my skin looks no worse than theirs..

I think the beauty industry is a multi million pound con. It's a farce really & should be ended under the trades description act.

Do you still buy expensive beauty products and can you honestly say they've made a difference?

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 04:43 PM

Re: Just a big con!!!

I haven't bought beauty products nor make up for years. Not since I went through the change. I use Simple shower gel & Head & Shoulders for my hair & that's it.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
First let me say I have great admiration for the ladies below for not succumbing to cosmetic surgery.

I dare bet their beauty products are more expensive than mine and yet I can vouch even though I only use Oil if Olay my skin looks no worse than theirs..

I think the beauty industry is a multi million pound con. It's a farce really & should be ended under the trades description act.

Do you still buy expensive beauty products and can you honestly say they've made a difference?

Yes, I do invest in quality products and treatments and I don’t have any wrinkles at my age. So, I do believe it works. A healthy lifestyle also helps.

Of course, good genes help as well. My mom doesn’t look her age either
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 04:53 PM

Not even moisturiser or hand cream Tiffany?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 04:55 PM

I do use a moisturiser on my face in the morning (usually vichy and always with a spf)
And I use bio-oil or bio-oil gel on my body (more so when I used to go swimming) but that's all apart from a little make- up for work...and a lot on social occasions!

Do you remember those....
Social occasions?!!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

10-01-2021, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Yes, I do invest in quality products and treatments and I don’t have any wrinkles at my age. So, I do believe it works. A healthy lifestyle also helps.

Of course, good genes help as well. My mom doesn’t look her age either

You can't be sure it works Minx.

You may have had no wrinkles anyway even if you'd used cheap products.

I can go along with the good genes though. That makes sense.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 05:00 PM

By the way Carol, you look way, way better and younger than Esther (didn't she have a face-lift not so long ago?) And Fag Ash Lil!
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 05:16 PM

I bought some Pantene shampoo the other day and if I believed what was written on the bottle, after six weeks of use I would look like a wet wank in a white wig wearing wellingtons.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 05:36 PM

I have no wrinkles, only when I pout,

I have always moisturised, plus I drink 2 and a half pints of water a day.

My beauty therapist ,is always commenting on my skin.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 05:40 PM

I’m sure Esther, has had cosmetic surgery....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top