Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 04:21 PM

Re: Dire Straits

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Telegraph Road is a belter.
Have you found the extra long version Bread? With an awesome guitar rift.....

Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Maver-rik ->
Saw them perform at my Uni ( 1978 I think), was dragged along by my then boyfriend, hadn't heard of them at the time. They were incredible. I went in reluctantly, and left even more reluctantly, have been a fan ever since.
You lucky fish
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
AND, This is the dance, didn't think I'd be able to find it after all this time..

That’s so cool
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 09:24 AM

Minx, You've no idea how much I miss my Linedancing, my knees forced me to give it up. I taught for ten years, eight classes a week. Most W/Es a few of us travelled to where the big dances were with the live Linedance bands, it was a great time in my life and kept me sane during a nasty divorce.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 09:35 AM

Magical.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Magical.
The film 'Local Hero' prompted Mrs Fox and me to visit Scotland (It's our favourite film) for the first time. I noted the locations where it was filmed, Arisaig, Mallaig, and Pennan, and then drove up there and visited them, all except Pennan.
Arisaig and Mallaig are on the West coast of Scotland, while Pennan is on the East coast over one hundred miles away. In the film it looks like they are within walking distance of each other.

After a nights stay in Oban we motorored on up to Arisaig. It was my fiftieth birthday on that day, and Mrs Fox had surprised me with a stay at the Arisaig Hotel, the very one that Gordon owned in the film, and the place where Robert Louis Stevenson wrote Treasure Island....Or should I say 'The hotel that Stella Owned'....We went on to the Isle of Skye when we left and spent the remainder of the holiday there. Running and walking amongst the finest scenery I had ever seen, and enjoying the welcoming hospitality of the local people.

All the time we were in Scotland Mark Knopfler's music, especially 'Going Home' was playing on the cassette player, and that particular track brings back all the memories of one of the best holidays I've ever experienced.
One of the reasons I enjoy writing about my past adventures on the forum, it's like revisiting those happy times as though it was yesterday. I can understand why people want to write their autobiographies. It doesn't really matter if anyone reads them, but it's nice if they do...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 05:19 PM

Nice one Foxy, we are on the cusp of getting a Motorhome, so, maybe get to vist Scotland for the first time.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-01-2021, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Nice one Foxy, we are on the cusp of getting a Motorhome, so, maybe get to visit Scotland for the first time.
Now that would be something I would love to do Spitty....

Better ask Roxy for permission first though, I don't think they are very popular in her neck of the woods...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Have you found the extra long version Bread? With an awesome guitar rift.....

Yeah thats killer !

That guitar he is playing is a Suhr Pensa - they are about $5,000 to buy. My friend has one and does the most amazing live version of Sultans of Swing.

Here you go, "Big" Al, Justin (drums) and "The Reverend" Kenny Petrie, this time playing a Suhr Strat so must have been a while ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24rdpbcFuqY&t=172s
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-01-2021, 06:13 PM

That bloke on the guitar is just pure magic Bread....
I also like this version of 'Sultans' check out Sina on the drums......I'm a secret drummer trying to get out, but so far I just like watching them....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top