Join for free
Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 10:04 PM

Re: Over 50s Forum Plans for 2021! (Please read - contains important information)

Originally Posted by Mups ->
See Azz this is just the sort of thing I'm dreading.

I haven't got a clue about Apps/Components/Platforms etc.

I don't know how old you are, but we're all mostly 50ish - to perhaps late 80's even.
How many want dating apps i wonder? Would it be worth putting it to a vote? If the majority want it, then fair enough.
Sorry to be an old grump, but I'm a bit inclined to believe the old saying . . . " If it ain't broke don't fix it."

BTW, I am another one who has always been very grateful to Meg and Mags for their hard work and fairness all these years.
I don't think you will need to learn it all at once Mups, just take small steps, it's what I did when I first joined this forum. I'm sure there will be lots of help available from Azz and the members. You and me will soon sort it out Mups, and you've got my email address if anything terminal happens..... You'll not be on your own Mups...x
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 10:17 PM

Re: Over 50s Forum Plans for 2021! (Please read - contains important information)

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't think you will need to learn it all at once Mups, just take small steps, it's what I did when I first joined this forum. I'm sure there will be lots of help available from Azz and the members. You and me will soon sort it out Mups, and you've got my email address if anything terminal happens..... You'll not be on your own Mups...x
Aye lad, we'll all be in in together. It'll be reet Mups
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Thanks Foxy.
I appreciate that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Aye lad, we'll all be in in together. It'll be reet Mups

Thanks Pesta. I must stop panicking.
Its just i don't want to not be able to come here anymore.
After 7 years I'd really miss these folks.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 10:26 PM

Don't worry, we won't let that happen
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 10:54 PM

Mups, Azz knows we're all old farts who don't like change.
He'll be making sure it will be as easy peasy.

I bet you a fiver, you'll look back how you felt at this moment in time and be kicking yourself for panicking.

Get your pennies saved up

Oh and elbow
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-01-2021, 10:56 PM

Thanks ever so much folks, bless ya.
See this is why I'd miss you all. X
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 10:58 PM

Thanks ever so much folks, bless ya.
See this is why I'd miss you all. X
Mups, I'm sure there won't be any problems, there will be lots of help if there is anyway.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 12:30 PM

The best thing about this forum is the simple layout. It so easy to find the thread you were chatting on yesterday or last week. I have no problem with change in the background but I hope the layout doesn't change to a 'facebook' type layout where you have to 'view 25 previous posts' for instance. Facebook layout is a mess and I rarely bother with it for that reason. Hopefully things will remain in a similar format.

Thanks again to Azz, Meg and Mags for all your superb efforts.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The best thing about this forum is the simple layout. It so easy to find the thread you were chatting on yesterday or last week. I have no problem with change in the background but I hope the layout doesn't change to a 'facebook' type layout where you have to 'view 25 previous posts' for instance. Facebook layout is a mess and I rarely bother with it for that reason. Hopefully things will remain in a similar format.

Thanks again to Azz, Meg and Mags for all your superb efforts.
I'll second that.
Yes, the present layout works well and, perhaps, we've all become used to it.
Any additional features could prove to be very useful, of course, but if they remain optional those members who are worried about the changes will have nothing to be concerned about.

Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top