Join for free
Page 16 of 17 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 11:38 PM

Re: The healthy eating challenge!

Could you share your chickpea and veg curry recipes? I would like to make this but there are so many varied recipes online not sure what's a good one.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Could you share your chickpea and veg curry recipes? I would like to make this but there are so many varied recipes online not sure what's a good one.
I'm quite a haphazard cook, Annie, are you sure? I don't follow recipes.
Chickpea Curry -

Blend a pack of cherry tomatoes. Add in spices like chilli powder, tumeric, cumin. Add in chopped fresh garlic and some ginger. Salt & black pepper. Blend furiously again. Check taste and add accordingly.

Onions, chopped, heat in pan with garlic oil.... add chickpeas, add the sauce, medium heat for about 10 mins. Make rice (Basmati, in the microwave) or popadoms. Put curried chickpeas on rice, in a bowl, garnish with fresh coriander.

Delicious and keeps you full for hours. You could add chicken or minced beef too, if you wanted to.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 03:03 PM

Thanks Pixie When you say "blend furiously" do you mean I should shout rude words and abuse at the mixture?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Thanks Pixie When you say "blend furiously" do you mean I should shout rude words and abuse at the mixture?
Hahaha! Well, if you are dramatic like that Ramsay fellow you could, but it was more of "ensure the mix of spices are fully dispersed throughout the sauce, before adding to the chickpeas"
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 08:09 AM

Past times they did NOT have the additives like we have to contend with today..
Except that fertiliser was in use to some extent though.

Plastic is in food Plastic is destructive however you dress it up or down.

We have low priced ice cream for instance..contains insects..true, although there are worse things of course.

What we buy in the supermarkets is dictated to us. Try and buy pure food, difficult one that..
Money making is sadly a priority over all....

Have a good weekend.....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

17-07-2021, 12:11 PM

Dianne my experience of France is that you have better quality produce in your shops. The veggies taste far more flavoursome, you have those lovely pots of set natural yoghurt that we used to be able to buy here but they replaced them with massive pots instead. The wine doesn't taste like it's been in a rust bucket. The bread is a spiritual experience. The coffee is exquisite. All that is just normal living there. I haven't seen giant supermarkets like ours being the only source of fresh food anywhere in the world aside from the US. Our regular greengrocers etc have all been pushed out of high streets or they are just too expensive for most pockets.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 06:52 PM

AnnieS our markets are full of good fresh Produce now most are opening again. We have alway plenty of produce in the Supermarkets even just before Public Holidays, I found the UK ones we used, to have a shortage of fresh foods at Holiday periods.
You still need to shop carefully some fresh foods are not so good as they should be.
The supermarkets are very different from years ago,when they were smaller and more personal. The varieties are vast in some ranges...Tins of Tomatoes Tomato Sauces anything Tomato comes to mind..rows and rows.so seems to me OTT,
Swings and Roundabouts...
I like living here, I like the people, so apart from mad drivers normally the older generation and the vast amounts of paperwork can bog you down. It suits us...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

17-07-2021, 07:38 PM

We found a Lidl in Dinard Dianne. Even the Lidl produce is better than it is here. They also had this super organic shop with the most amazing foods and products. I suppose in marketing studies we must prefer nice looking veg and fruit rather than flavoursome produce.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 07:58 PM

We are really into tinned sardines ... shared two tins: Tesco @40p, John West @£1 ... equally as good.

Plus new pots, gherkin.

Nice.

Cheese & biscuits.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 08:03 PM

We eat lots of fresh fruit. Breakfast, lunch & supper.

Today ... oranges, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, cherries. All dirt cheap at local street markets.

Page 16 of 17 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top