Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 10:29 PM

Re: Japanese bullit train

JAPANESE CASTLE

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 10:33 PM

Thanks for sharing that, RS! It is a very impressive building indeed!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Wow - the length of it is as amazing as it's speed! I wonder what the accident rate is compared with ours?
Hardly any even at 125mph. The japanese are very precise with everything. The trains arrive withing seconds of when they are supposed to and the carriage doors exactly ,and I mean exactly, stopped at the right spot on the platform.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

30-03-2021, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Thanks for sharing that, RS! It is a very impressive building indeed!
what would you like to see next? how about South Korea and their rock and roll dance routine

I knew you could not watch all of it and that was the exciting bit.

The ladies were even more active

Did I enjoy it? yes i had the beautiful young female tour guide sitting beside me
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 12:08 AM

Ooh! That looks good....although I don't know about actually travelling on it!

Australian trains are the opposite, much safer, they are specially designed to travel at walking pace, the electric train from Wollongong to Sydney takes five minutes longer that the steam train took 80 years ago.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Australian trains are the opposite, much safer, they are specially designed to travel at walking pace, the electric train from Wollongong to Sydney takes five minutes longer that the steam train took 80 years ago.

Bruce!...don't listen to him guys. It is a total untruth. Bruce is totally misrepresenting Sydney Trains. Not the safe bit. They are that. And they are comfortable and reliable. And they only take 3 minutes longer....But 80 years ago they were diesel...innit??
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 08:32 AM

RS, thanks for sharing those videos! I liked the dancer one better to be honest - the guy with the pipe in the first one just became a bit annoying (well, it is early morning!). Got anything else to show?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

31-03-2021, 11:37 AM

RS, thanks for sharing those videos! I liked the dancer one better to be honest - the guy with the pipe in the first one just became a bit annoying (well, it is early morning!). Got anything else to show?
how about a walk up the main street in Pompeii
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

31-03-2021, 11:47 AM

or the Brandenburg gate in Germany

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

31-03-2021, 12:01 PM

Thank you for those! I found it interesting that everyone walked "up" the Pompeii high street - is it only one way, because there were queues on the pavement going up!

The Brandenburg Gate in Germany is impressive! - was that you or the tour guide speaking in the background?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top