Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 10:50 PM

Self cleaning pyjamas

No-wash pyjamas - yes really!

There is a new health-tech company who have designed some His and Hers pyjamas which don't need to be washed!
They are infused with anti-bac copper ions which make them self cleaning!

They are supposed to be able to eliminate 99.9% of bacteria, viruses, and fungi and you can wear them for weeks on end.

So what do you think about this new idea? Would you buy them?
What next - no-wash bedding, and undies??

See here: copperclothing.com

Personally, I cant see why. How hard is it to stick your jim-jams in the wash? What would wearing copper next to your skin every night do?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 11:25 PM

Re: Self cleaning pyjamas

Odour resistant fabric isn’t manufactured for the supreme lazy, nor is it made to never be washed. It’s made for those with medical conditions which cause body odour like;

⁃ Bromhidrosis
- Athletes Foot
⁃ Hyperhidrosis
⁃ Diabetes
⁃ Thyroid disorders
⁃ Kidney failure
⁃ Liver dysfunction
⁃ Metabolic disorders like trimethylaminuria or TMUA
⁃ Hormone imbalances

Fabrics like this help those with any of these disorders and anything which helps others feel more confident and better about themselves, I’m game for.
Great article Mups.
Thanks for posting it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 11:31 PM

I'd never heard of it before, Bratti.

The article I read didn't say it was anything to do with odour reducing for illness though, I thought it was just for cleanliness without washing.

Maybe all hospital bedding will be made like that one day if the copper kills viruses?

P.s. sorry, I don't think the link i posted works?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 11:40 PM

Do they get rid of skid marks too?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-06-2021, 11:44 PM

Ah, try this one:

https://www.copperclothing.com/
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 05:42 AM

I think there is nothing nicer than freshly washed, line dried, clothing and bedding - so, no, I would not buy them, Mups, but it is an interesting concept.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 06:14 AM

Copper clothing? we might all go rusty Mups
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 08:45 AM

I don't think I would like to wear these....copper clothing? Plus the prices...nearly £60 for a pack of 5 knickers??
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 09:09 AM

No thanks. No matter how valid the claims are, no matter how much evidence there is that they work, I would simply not feel clean wearing something next to my skin for weeks on end without washing.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 09:13 AM

Ew no thank you .

I wear pima cotton nighties , they are 'breathable' and I love a freshly washed and ironed one smelling of fresh air .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top