Join for free
Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 07:23 PM

Re: GB News Will Be Starting On Sunday 13th June At 8pm

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Marge's mother has had quite a few problems with Specsavers. They've prescribed her some glasses which do nothing to help her failing eyesight, so Marge went with her the other day to put them right. She had to explain to them what the real problem was and suggested how they could correct it - and she isn't an ophthalmologist.

They accepted her advice and the replacement glasses for her mother are much better.

Nowt to do with GB News, of course, but it says a lot about Specsavers!
Ive had the same problem with a few opticians including vision express. I had to get second opinion eye tests to prove their prescription was wrong. Specsavers are Ok because they don't try to persuade you to accept a poor result. Vision express try to cut corners if they can. Some frames I had from them had to be replaced within 18 months or less because of poor workmanship. These were their own brand. They used to be fab once but not sure what is going on.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 09:35 PM

Marge's mother has had quite a few problems with Specsavers. They've prescribed her some glasses which do nothing to help her failing eyesight, so Marge went with her the other day to put them right. She had to explain to them what the real problem was and suggested how they could correct it - and she isn't an ophthalmologist.

They accepted her advice and the replacement glasses for her mother are much better.

Nowt to do with GB News, of course, but it says a lot about Specsavers!

A few years ago I went to Specsavers with OH to collect his new specs.They didn’t sit quite right so the girl said “I will just make a slight technical adjustment”. She disappeared behind a screen and I needed to ask her a question so I looked around the screen and there she was with my OH’s £400 specs firmly on her knee and she was bending the arms of the specs for all she was worth. we still laugh about her “technical adjustment.”
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
A few years ago I went to Specsavers with OH to collect his new specs.They didn’t sit quite right so the girl said “I will just make a slight technical adjustment”. She disappeared behind a screen and I needed to ask her a question so I looked around the screen and there she was with my OH’s £400 specs firmly on her knee and she was bending the arms of the specs for all she was worth. we still laugh about her “technical adjustment.”
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 09:29 AM

I currently have GB News on. The background is very dark. There are 3 women talking but in the centre is just a shadow of a person. My husband thought it was an office worker behind the scenes. We were shocked when they did a close up and it is actually a black female presenter.

I would not be happy if I was her because you literally can only hear her and not see her.

They have got to sort this soon because it is embarrassing.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 11:10 AM

It sounds as though they are sitting in a warehouse in front of a green screen with a projected backdrop of a studio/office/home image. End to lockdown discussion. Just called sage a doom monger. Why is the government listening to the scientists? Caroline Flint has just said the virus is dangerous. Shouts of disbelief from others. She brings them back by saying that they should have doubled down on borders in particular from India. It's a bit like OFF?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It sounds as though they are sitting in a warehouse in front of a green screen with a projected backdrop of a studio/office/home image. End to lockdown discussion. Just called sage a doom monger. Why is the government listening to the scientists? Caroline Flint has just said the virus is dangerous. Shouts of disbelief from others. She brings them back by saying that they should have doubled down on borders in particular from India. It's a bit like OFF?
True on both counts.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
True on both counts.
They expect us to all get vaccinated and follow lockdown rules while there are thousands of people coming and going through the airports.....
As soon as we get the figures down to manageable levels people fly in from all over the world and we have to start all over again. I don't think the government are serious about stopping the virus, they just want us all to have the vaccines for some reason....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
I currently have GB News on. The background is very dark. There are 3 women talking but in the centre is just a shadow of a person. My husband thought it was an office worker behind the scenes. We were shocked when they did a close up and it is actually a black female presenter.

I would not be happy if I was her because you literally can only hear her and not see her.

They have got to sort this soon because it is embarrassing.
I suppose that's why the Yanks call them 'night fighters'!

Give them time. They've only been running for a week and are starting from scratch. They'll sort out these niggles.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 11:31 AM

I suppose that's why the Yanks call them 'night fighters'!

Give them time. They've only been running for a week and are starting from scratch. They'll sort out these niggles.
I'm sure they will sort out the technical niggles at the very least.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 04:02 PM

I was put off by the ‘out-of-sync’ audio and vocal problems on this new news programme but noticed today that it’s much improved.
I wondered if there will ever be subtitles as some accents are difficult to understand.

I saw, Nigel Farage on it on Sunday. I have to say, he is a great speaker and his presentation is good.

I quite like Gloria de Piero, even though she is, or was a Labour MP.

Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top