Join for free
Page 30 of 30 « First < 20 28 29 30
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 08:50 AM

Re: A Smart Car Saga

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
they call them renz de vous here..appointments that is...
I'll remember that: Making a rendez-vous with the dentist seems less worrying than an appointment.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I'll remember that: Making a rendez-vous with the dentist seems less worrying than an appointment.
Well that is all sorted...hopefully because that went a bit mad really.. as I booked it two days before he goes into Poitiers Hospital..the 24th he told me..I wrote that down on his dossier.

He has a yearly endoscopie...and the procedure has changed..Still book a bed..food if ordered..but he should be returned to me by early P.M in there estimations,Ambulance car booked, Prescription for disinfection in the shower the night before..3 days of a special diet and the cherry on the cake...Moviprep.. he dreads it actually and I try my best to give him space.....hates seeing me laugh so much,over this necessary yearly procedure...

...Hey Chris Evans does not make any fuss, he talks about it often promoting Men tto get themselves checked over if say you start passing some blood...it's a Warning and Men are loosing lives over not going to get checked out..

back to the Lab...
.. and then she gave me the 22nd at 11.00am ..ok until she took his admission details..gave me a sideways look and smiled, the she pointed out the admission date was the 21st July..with that I dropped by bag on the floor then the pen and holder on a chain..fell as well.
Husband just looked shocked but funny shocked..Receptionist change the date to the 19th at 11.00am...

Had to arrange at the blood lab for Husbands Appointment for some blood tests that only are taken at the Lab plus a covid test same time...

It did delay us moving to France by just over 1 year....we had sold our property and had to upset a lot the new owner..she was willing to hold on but we just wanted to get rid of husbands illness, nothing else mattered for a while.

.any errors I will sort after my lunch, really starving now....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:02 AM

Dianne, l was wondering.
Are some of your earlier posts quoted from a book you might be writing?
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:21 AM

I read a lot but do not write stories. I do make notes on various things along my day..music I hear and want to go back to also read about the person or band that kind of thing...a place I remember, then want to re call. hear or see a product that seems useful to me...I have a memory like a sieve at times, but sometimes that is a good thing..
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
I read a lot but do not write stories. I do make notes on various things along my day..music I hear and want to go back to also read about the person or band that kind of thing...a place I remember, then want to re call. hear or see a product that seems useful to me...I have a memory like a sieve at times, but sometimes that is a good thing..
Do you use a Commonplace Book? Its just a notebook for all manner of interesting things you want to record. They have been in use since the 17th Century, and some are like works of art in themselves.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

06-07-2021, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Dianne, l was wondering.
Are some of your earlier posts quoted from a book you might be writing?
I think it would be wise for me to write up first but I can't read my own writing that well, just for starters..Do most things on the spur of the moment..and would get bored doing writing up a saga for prep.. pick the whole to pieces and scrap it is very likely...
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

06-07-2021, 11:35 AM

I now use a Lidls empty beer half carton and cheap printing foolscap paper and have to move the box out of my Husbands view, often..he calls it my mess..it is actually, as I pile on some books that I am looking at for various reasons.. move it all off the table here with my ..whoops..OUR Laptop.. although he did a few weeks ago buy a new french small Laptop/Tablet not sure exactly, but it is all applications...So he rarely get on this one now..

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Do you use a Commonplace Book? Its just a notebook for all manner of interesting things you want to record. They have been in use since the 17th Century, and some are like works of art in themselves.
I use one (several) of those - have done since I was about10 or 11 when we were taught about them in school. Great fun looking back at some of the stuff in there! Am not disciplined enough to keep a diary/journal but, as a writer, am never without a notebook and pencil!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I use one (several) of those - have done since I was about10 or 11 when we were taught about them in school. Great fun looking back at some of the stuff in there! Am not disciplined enough to keep a diary/journal but, as a writer, am never without a notebook and pencil!
How great was your school! I only found out about them in the last couple of years - although I have been keeping them on and off most of my life. I love filling them up with random things
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

06-07-2021, 02:10 PM

Now that is a great idea, had never thought of a memories book.
Never been a keeper of things, apart from some Photos that go back to when My Sister and I were born..Have a nappy pin and a trinket that was attached to my wedding bouquet. Wedding dress my Mother just threw it out and never said until years later..strange some folks....
My old stamp album that I treasured and an autograph book that was filled with all sorts of people..gone...I'll leave it at that..past is gone future is filled with mostly good things in life...

Page 30 of 30 « First < 20 28 29 30

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top