Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:07 AM

Re: Australia is like Joan Collins

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Why is Australia backwards in so many ways especially environmental care? The refusal to adopt any measures to reduce or even stabilise Global Warming and the insistence on extraction of coal in particular. China has recognised its role in the emissions of carbon dioxide and has a program to reduce this running now with the intent of making the WHOLE COUNTRY carbon neutral by 2060 and is on track to achieve this having started some years ago. Meanwhile Australia keeps digging coal ----.
It's all to do with demand dear Todger. Perhaps you can come up with a method of making steel without it?

It's not just coal we have lovely gas too (wanna buy some?)

So lovely to see you supporting our mates in China (our biggest trading partner) Good on ya!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It's all to do with demand dear Todger. Perhaps you can come up with a method of making steel without it?

It's not just coal we have lovely gas too (wanna buy some?)

So lovely to see you supporting our mates in China (our biggest trading partner) Good on ya!
Steel can be produced by inductive zone refining. The very best always is. No coal required. Similarly "natural" gas as a fuel source is increasingly becoming yesterday's fuel. The environment cost is FAR too high.

As for China being the biggest trading partner - best not piss them off than your government is doing or that situation will VERY soon end and for a variety of reasons a replacement market really will not be as easy as your government might think.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Thank you
No I don’t have a deviant art page I will have to take a look ..
Our children are lucky to be Aussies only they are so far way
Did'nt they choose to go there Muddy?
No luck involved at all !!

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 01:47 PM

Steel can be produced by inductive zone refining. The very best always is. No coal required. Similarly "natural" gas as a fuel source is increasingly becoming yesterday's fuel. The environment cost is FAR too high.

As for China being the biggest trading partner - best not piss them off than your government is doing or that situation will VERY soon end and for a variety of reasons a replacement market really will not be as easy as your government might think.
Thanks for the advice I am sure Scotty from Marketing will be excited to receive it. As a token of his thanks here is a picture of Joan Collins

Do keep coming up with more of your handy tips.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
there are plenty of traditional artists there too - although, there is some really amazing digital art too.
Trouble with DA is that art work is all too easily nicked and reproduced to appear as cheap prints.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

04-07-2021, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Trouble with DA is that art work is all too easily nicked and reproduced to appear as cheap prints.
I think that's a problem with all digital art, Morticia. Don't know how they live with themselves.

I was considering getting into digital art for my games, but since an original artwork can never be guaranteed (because computer files can simply be copied), I decided to just resume my traditional art. At least then I know there will always be an original, even if it is scanned and saved as a file.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 10:08 AM

It is of course a matter of taste but the pictures of that road shows a horrible scene.

It looks pretty parched and could whip up a sand storm if you did a wheelie with your car....

I’m sure there is much prettier scenery in Australia.

I have relatives that live out there....

Aussies are quite loud I hear...from what my uncle told me...they also call woman Sheila....I wonder why?..

They also live in thongs apparently....no suit and tie..
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 04:22 AM

Australians still use coal?
Wow! I didn’t know that.
Do they still use plastic bags too?
Please say it ain’t so
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

20-07-2021, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Australians still use coal?
Wow! I didn’t know that.
Do they still use plastic bags too?
Please say it ain’t so
Ummm let's give you a bit of a clue. Here is Scotty from Marketing when he was Treasurer. He is now Prime Minister

It's all to do with our Federal Government's really innovative climate policy developed after last years fires.

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Ummm let's give you a bit of a clue. Here is Scotty from Marketing when he was Treasurer. He is now Prime Minister

It's all to do with our Federal Government's really innovative climate policy developed after last years fires.

That just isn't in the least bit funny. You lot should be ASHAMED of yet another uncivilised thing you are up to.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top