Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 09:57 PM

Re: I don’t understand

Was the wall plastered (skimmed) before the original paper?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Was the wall plastered (skimmed) before the original paper?

LD. When I took the last lot of wallpaper off, a lot of paint came off with it?

But there was nothing wrong with the wall the paint was still intact, with the first lot of wallpaper I put up,do you think it needs plastering?

To be honest I was thinking that, costs a flipping fortune though.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 10:07 PM

Try sizing the wall BEFORE papering again Pauline ?
Or use some bonding fluid which is the same thing !!

Donkeyman! 👍👍
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Try sizing the wall BEFORE papering again Pauline ?
Or use some bonding fluid which is the same thing !!

Donkeyman! 👍👍
I did size the wall, I think it needs plastering...which costs a fortune, I could do it, but it’s darn messy.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
LD. When I took the last lot of wallpaper off, a lot of paint came off with it?

But there was nothing wrong with the wall the paint was still intact, with the first lot of wallpaper I put up,do you think it needs plastering?

To be honest I was thinking that, costs a flipping fortune though.
It could be that the wall was painted without a wash coat (watered down paint)
Rockchick
Lancs UK
Rockchick is female 

11-07-2021, 09:49 AM

If you paint the wall with polybond first, that will help seal the old plaster, then paste on top of that.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 03:17 PM

A thinned coat of PVA as per instructions will seal any surface in need of sealing prior to redecoration.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 03:26 PM

Does the room in question smell mouldy ? if so water may be seeping through from your neighbours side from a newly fitted leeky Basin or pipe.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-07-2021, 03:50 PM

Thanks everyone for your help.

basser, I put Laura Ashley wall paper up there over 8 yrs ago, after a while it started to peel away from the wall.

There is no damp, the wallpaper has gone like cardboard, if you took it off the wall, it would stand up.

At the back of me lives a painter and decorator , we always have a good old natter as we’ve gotten to know each other.

This day and age you must be very careful what you say to others, I would like to ask him about my bedroom wallpaper, but in my mind, I’m worried he might think I’m suggesting something, if you know what I mean.

Yes, I am paranoid of giving him the wrong impression ,it doesn’t help that he is a very attractive looking man, plus he’s quite a flirty type of chap.😀
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Thanks everyone for your help.

basser, I put Laura Ashley wall paper up there over 8 yrs ago, after a while it started to peel away from the wall.

There is no damp, the wallpaper has gone like cardboard, if you took it off the wall, it would stand up.

At the back of me lives a painter and decorator , we always have a good old natter as we’ve gotten to know each other.

This day and age you must be very careful what you say to others, I would like to ask him about my bedroom wallpaper, but in my mind, I’m worried he might think I’m suggesting something, if you know what I mean.

Yes, I am paranoid of giving him the wrong impression ,it doesn’t help that he is a very attractive looking man, plus he’s quite a flirty type of chap.😀
Ask someone else then?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top