Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 01:41 PM

On the contrary

So, it's been an expensive few weeks at Chez-Dex.

Daughter's 21st birthday 10 days ago, Mrs Dex's Birthday a couple of weeks before that and our wedding anniversary on Sunday (meal booked).

I thus mentioned to my wife that we could do with a couple of quiet months to replenish our bank account up to its optimum level, citing me quitting smoking, suggesting she drink perhaps a bit less and us all eating a few more cheap and cheerful meals and perhaps actually using those meals we've had in the freezer for several months now.

She agreed, and within 5 minutes said we ought to get the decorator in to redo the dining room (nothing wrong with it) and the kitchen (nothing wrong with it), plus she needs to book her hair appointment for next week (£50) and also go and get her legs waxed (whatever for, I don't know since she only wears trousers nowadays, so who's looking? £60). Then suggested we should get a takeaway tonight (£25)and she'll cook a big roast tomorrow (for reasons unknown, she cooks enough for 6, even though only 3 of us eat it and the rest usually goes to waste) (£20+).

Hardly the supportive spirit I was hoping for in my economy drive.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 01:48 PM

Re: On the contrary

She sounds high maintenance....no disrespect....

Also a spender.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
She sounds high maintenance....no disrespect....

Also a spender.
None take. Don't think she's ever fully understood that since retiring, our income isn't the same as when we were in full time jobs and that some changes need to be made if we're going to average a status quo of savings.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 01:53 PM

Perhaps she was hearing what you were saying but not really listening Dex

Hair and nails are necessities A gals gotta look her best. You know the saying - Happy wife, happy life
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->

Hair and nails are necessities A gals gotta look her best. You know the saying - Happy wife, happy life
How true is that.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
None take. Don't think she's ever fully understood that since retiring, our income isn't the same as when we were in full time jobs and that some changes need to be made if we're going to average a status quo of savings.

I understand that, I found that hard when I retired, I was a spender, it was a very hard adjustment... my son helped me with managing my spending, I have adjusted now but it wasn’t easy,
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

16-07-2021, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->

Happy wife = early widow given the stress I'm having trying to balance the books!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 01:59 PM

Hi

Go with the flow Dex, they are worth it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
So, it's been an expensive few weeks at Chez-Dex.

Daughter's 21st birthday 10 days ago, Mrs Dex's Birthday a couple of weeks before that and our wedding anniversary on Sunday (meal booked).

I thus mentioned to my wife that we could do with a couple of quiet months to replenish our bank account up to its optimum level, citing me quitting smoking, suggesting she drink perhaps a bit less and us all eating a few more cheap and cheerful meals and perhaps actually using those meals we've had in the freezer for several months now.

She agreed, and within 5 minutes said we ought to get the decorator in to redo the dining room (nothing wrong with it) and the kitchen (nothing wrong with it), plus she needs to book her hair appointment for next week (£50) and also go and get her legs waxed (whatever for, I don't know since she only wears trousers nowadays, so who's looking? £60). Then suggested we should get a takeaway tonight (£25)and she'll cook a big roast tomorrow (for reasons unknown, she cooks enough for 6, even though only 3 of us eat it and the rest usually goes to waste) (£20+).

Hardly the supportive spirit I was hoping for in my economy drive.

Using the meals in freezer a very good idea.
Her hair does need doing, as does mine.
No need to wax, I wear jeans all the time too.
Takeaway a good idea, if she doesn't want to cook once a week.
Look on the bright side, at least you won't have to stop smoking, or, if not already, switch to rollies they are cheaper.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

16-07-2021, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Go with the flow Dex, they are worth it.
I signed the contract, I guess

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top