Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 08:45 AM

Re: Cats and Idiots.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Cats can roam and do as they please,which includes pooping in another’s garden...that is the law.

There is no law that tells me I have to go and pick up my cats poop from a neighbours garden, which is about a mile up the road.
They aren’t leashed like a dog, they are free to roam....dogs aren’t.
Not that I have a cat.
Hi

There is also no law that says I cannot protect my garden and my health.

If you choose to have cats you accept the responsibility.

The cat next door does not poo in my garden, only comes in the front garden and likes a treat and a tickle between her ears.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There is also no law that says I cannot protect my garden and my health.

If you choose to have cats you accept the responsibility.

The cat next door does not poo in my garden, only comes in the front garden and likes a treat and a tickle between her ears.

I have already posted that RSPCA can take action if a cat harms itself and it gets entangled in that razor wire SF...I understand what you are saying about your property though....

Cats have rights and are protected as well you know, ...I think you should have looked into it more,

As for stealing out of your shed , it’s the area you live in I believe, I have nothing of value in my tiny shed...

They know what you have, didn’t you have problems with neighbours?

Some have nothing better to do than check out what others have in their sheds, so they can steal then sell the items on..

We’ve had stealing out of sheds here a while back...

I can’t see this stress helping your health...I wish there was an easy solution for all of this...unfortunately there isn’t.

SF...I have also just read it’s not illegal to put it up.....but....it’s the harm that it may do to a cat.....that’s when they can take action...if you feel it’s worth the risk..up to you though in the end.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 09:04 AM

I like to see the occasional cats coming round to visit.

When they are around, the rats and mice are not.

As for poop, on the garden, what I see is too big to be from cats, more likely from a fox.

Maybe I should put a notice up saying "Foxes Not Allowed"
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 09:05 AM

Put down black pepper cats also dislike citrus so you could try orange/ lemon peel .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 09:15 AM

We had a fox coming in and using the raised beds as a toilet. Had to clear away a big poo every day until it was covered in potato plants and some grating. Animals think humans put the raised beds there for them to use as a nice soft toilet. The cats do this in Autumn/winter.

Swim the answer to both problems is to get a dog. a) it will warn you when either are in the garden and b) it will definitely get rid of any cats. They also scare off intruders. Also very good company and you could get someone to walk it for you, or get a small yappy dog that doesn't need lots of walking.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

12-07-2021, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Cats are easily dealt with, use a possum trap and take them to the Pound, their owners soon get fed up with paying Pound fees or replacing them.
One major problem there Bruce. The only place you’ll find a possum in England is in a zoo so possum traps aren’t readily available.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 09:30 AM

Not sure if we have pounds either.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 09:34 AM

I’m sure we have council dog pounds here, Muddy.

Stray dogs are kept for seven days...then put down,if no owner turns up.

Or they can’t find them a home, I don’t even think they look for a home for them..not sure though.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 09:51 AM

If you aren't keen on dogs you could get a cat Swim.
Cats are very territorial, especially the female of the variety, and won't generally allow transgressors into their patch.
Maddie the cat is getting on a bit now with arthritis in her hind legs, but she will stand her ground to any animal that approaches our property including the worst yappy dogs walking past. Such a stubborn animal and does what she wants, a bit like her owner. It's a quality I admire in her...

I keep a small patch of garden freshly dug for her toilet and she can dig and poop as much as she likes, and every now and then I clean it up and turn it over for her, I've never seen her use any other part of our, or anyone else's garden.

I do get some hedgehog poo on the garden occasionally but I am glad they visit, and Maddie does have a healthy respect for hedgehogs...
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 09:58 AM

To my mind it seems you are at risk of exacerbating the problems and of getting yourself in a legal challenge such as people who cannot read English.

Determined thieves would come prepared with cutters.

Unless you have CCTV you have no idea what animals, pets or wildlife are in your garden.

Apart from looking ugly and hostile, do not believe it is necessarily going to stop cats or idiots.

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top