Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 05:40 AM

Re: Have a Burger.....

Originally Posted by summer ->
I don't know if this is true or not I heard it from a friend and she heard it from a friend of a friend.

Anyway the story goes she ordered a chicken fillet sandwich without Mayonaise from a KFC when she got it she thought they had put Mayonaise on by mistake but it didn't taste like Mayonaise....on closer inspection it turned out to be a sack of puss leaking out of the chicken......I've never been in a KFC since hearing that....I feel ill just typing this. Yuk!!

KFC stuff their chickens with cats ??!!

Sorry, Summer, couldn't resist!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 09:07 AM

We have the occasional Big Mac, nothing wrong with that if only occasionally, it’s the parents who regularly feed their kids them and other stuff that , for them , is the easy option, we had a kfc whilst on holiday and, it was very nice, there’s plenty of horror stories I’m sure, but, I generally take them with a pinch, ( a small pinch mind you) of salt, haven’t been to Burger King for ages, and it looks like I won’t be going anytime soon either, as ours burnt down last week….
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 10:49 AM

Hi

A different view.

All meat is contaminated with bacteria.

It is most commonly contaminated on the surface of the meat.

You can safely have a rare steak, it is seared on the outside and the heat kills the bacteria.

With a burger, of whatever meat, it is minced and formed so the bacteria on the outside is now throughout the burger and not cooking the middle at a high temperature will mean a much higher risk of food poisoning.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Perhaps that is why your puss filled chicken is unsaleable Cobber?

BSE for chickens?
Surely be now you have realised that there will always be an odd case of the unuasual in pretty much everything, from a "Friday" car to plagues of mice?
As Confucious probably said:"sh 1t happens".

I have never personally had or even seen any chicken in the UK which could even remotely be described as "puss-filled" or even "unsaleable" Bruce, and the vast majority of consumers here are undoubtedly experiencing the same which is hardly surprising when our chicken is widely recognized as having amongst the highest hygiene and biosecurity standards in the world.

So you stick with your Aussie chlorine-washed muck if you want to cobber but we don't want it.
And don't try to make out that our chicken is somehow of a lower standard than Aussie stuff, because it isn't.

Now back to burgers (and our meat production which also has some of the highest standards in the world) and I have to say that personally a beefburger is beef, just as a lamb burger would be made of lamb; a chicken burger of chicken; and a veggie burger would be made of vegetarian equivalents.

I know why a hamburger is so-called but IMHO it's not terminology we use very much.
Regardless, they're not something that we as a family eat very often ............... more at this time of year when the barbecue is in use than otherwise maybe, but there are still other things we'd rather barbecue too than a burger.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 03:37 PM

I just thought I'd add that "hamburger" brings to mind those ruddy gawdawful tinned things in gravy that were for some baffling reason quite popular many moons ago and which I see are still availabubble to buy.
These:

There's also a video which IMHO pretty accurately sums those things up here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSOZRWCo8tg

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top