Join for free
Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 10:05 PM

Re: Music concerts that you’ve attended

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I agree. Music breaks all boundaries so language isn’t an issue. It doesn’t matter. It’s the heart that feels the music most, not as much the ears.
Absolutely Bratti!
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 10:23 PM

Screaming Lord Sutch...Rosi and I attended as very innocent young peeps..maybe 14 years of age..Was a horrific evening..but did not stop us Joe Brown and the Bruvvers and The Herd..sure others but vague but not are forgotten, but set out our desires for music...Stanley Halls South Norwood the venue....
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Screaming Lord Sutch...Rosi and I attended as very innocent young peeps..maybe 14 years of age..Was a horrific evening..but did not stop us Joe Brown and the Bruvvers and The Herd..sure others but vague but not are forgotten, but set out our desires for music...Stanley Halls South Norwood the venue....

Whatever happened to Peter Frampton, must google.
Roj Blake
London,UK
Roj Blake is male 

19-07-2021, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by minx ->
absolutely bratti!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Absolutely Bratti!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Roj Blake ->

Music is awesome.
Bring it on
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:17 PM

Have you ever attended a music concert?

Unfortunately, I have only ever been to 4 music concerts
it sucks that the number of artists visiting SA is limited.

Share the artist and some of the tunes you got to witness in reality (with or without anecdotes) on this music thread.

Go on, you know you want to
Glastonbury - 1994 - the late great Johnny Cash!
Pure Magic.
Roj Blake
London,UK
Roj Blake is male 

19-07-2021, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->

Music is awesome.
Bring it on

Yep

Keeps me sane
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:47 PM

The Who and the Kinks were my main guides..saw them quite a lot..one night this guy said I will give you a lift to Wimbledon Palais, to see the Who..not his taste back then, ....me a mod him a greaser..ok I did say even then..wash it out or forget it...he washed it out...just made it to heaven...course not but..it was a good Saga...lasted and will...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:57 PM

Have you ever attended a music concert?

Unfortunately, I have only ever been to 4 music concerts
it sucks that the number of artists visiting SA is limited.

Share the artist and some of the tunes you got to witness in reality (with or without anecdotes) on this music thread.

Go on, you know you want to
Actually I think I have been to a concert in South Africa by Ravi Shankar I got tickets when the ship I was travelling back to the UK stopped in Cape Town and Durban.

When I was at Grammar School my friends and I used to attend every one night stand that came to Dover - I don't think any one night stand came to Fokestone where I lived though I did see the Rolling Stones and the Kinks in Folkestone at the Leas Cliff Hall.

The first band I actually heard over the screams of the girls was the Dave Clark Five, before that it was just a matter of watching and hoping they were really singing because the PAs were pathetic.

Later I used to go a club in London called The Marquee Club which used to have a lot of really good but new bands, there I saw people like Pink Floyd, jimmy Hendrix, Yardbirds and many famous bands. It was originally in Oxford St but moved to Soho as I recall, a really good venue.

My ex and I used to go the concerts at various venues in London to see people like Captain Beefheart, Ginger Bakers Airforce, The Nice and many others (I don't want this to end as a list of bands)

In Sydney I went to a place called the Sydney Stadium it was basically a very large tin shed with concrete tiers even the Beatles played there (I didn't see them). Actually I can't remember who I saw there but it was mainly Australian bands of the mid 60s

Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top