Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 11:01 AM

Re: Ironing

I could never pay for someone to do my ironing, because I know it just wouldn’t be up to my standard, same with cleaning.

On saying that, the laundrette does a pretty good job, from what I’ve seen when working as a cleaner for private paying customers, quite a few used to send their bedding and shirts to the laundry, the sheets were beautifully pressed and starched, as were the shirts.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 12:14 PM

Starch on bedsheets?
People iron their bedsheets?
You’re kidding?
Yawn!
I ‘m either really lazy or actually have a life.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Starch on bedsheets?
People iron their bedsheets?
You’re kidding?
Yawn!
I ‘m either really lazy or actually have a life.
Ahem! I iron my bed linen! In Summer time it is Egyptian Cotton and in Winter time it is Irish Linen - both of which need to be ironed. The only things I starch are table napkins and handkerchiefs.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I could never pay for someone to do my ironing, because I know it just wouldn’t be up to my standard, same with cleaning.

On saying that, the laundrette does a pretty good job, from what I’ve seen when working as a cleaner for private paying customers, quite a few used to send their bedding and shirts to the laundry, the sheets were beautifully pressed and starched, as were the shirts.
My mother used to do that - we had a lot of Chinese laundrys around at one time and they did a superb job on bed linen and dads shirts - especially the ones that had detachable collars. Does anyone still have those?

Don't think we have any kind of laundry service any more.
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 12:50 PM

Have been ironing my clothes for decades. Wouldn't feel comfy in an unironed cotton T-shirt or rumpled jeans when I put them on.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
My mother used to do that - we had a lot of Chinese laundrys around at one time and they did a superb job on bed linen and dads shirts - especially the ones that had detachable collars. Does anyone still have those?

Don't think we have any kind of laundry service any more.

I don’t think we have that door to door service anymore ST, in Newbury I pass a dry cleaners, see shirts on display, beautifully pressed, plus their sheets would outdo mine...

It’s just the way I was brought up, my mother and auntie were always immaculately dressed, that’s just how some of us want to present ourselves, were all different aren’t we?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
OK to send you my shirts to iron then, pauline3? Shirts are all I iron and I hate having to even do the ironing, in fact I have to be watching TV to do it – so, so boring!
Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Of course you can,

I just like watching all of the creases coming out Baz,...as ST said nothing like freshly ironed sheets also pillow cases, lovely,

She said ironed linen, it was me who said the sheets.
Thanks Pauline, that's very generous of you!

Quilt covers and pillowcases too? They are something I would
never, ever iron so I will send those over too!

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Exactly right.

I pay to get my ironing done.

I would rather clean sewers than Iron.
A much as I hate ironing and it's so boring – it is definitely not bad enough to make cleaning sewers a preference!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 01:00 PM

Hi

I do not do ironing.

Not doing ironing is a pleasure I willing pay for to be done, it is not for me.

If I need money to pay for ironing I will clean

I have my sheets and pillowcases ironed, absolutely lovely to sleep in. sewers.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-07-2021, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Thanks Pauline, that's very generous of you!

Quilt covers and pillowcases too? They are something I would
never, ever iron so I will send those over too!

Ready and waiting Baz,

A much as I hate ironing and it's so boring – it is definitely not bad enough to make cleaning sewers a preference!

Indeed...👍👍👍...I love to iron though, agree with the rest of your post.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-07-2021, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I do not do ironing.

Not doing ironing is a pleasure I willing pay for to be done, it is not for me.

If I need money to pay for ironing I will clean

I have my sheets and pillowcases ironed, absolutely lovely to sleep in. sewers.

Which of course is your preference.

Many love to iron, I’m one of them, I also love a pristine house to live in, all done by me of course.

I have extremely high standards in certain areas.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top