Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 01:10 AM

Re: Kindness

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Is that any better? See? I wouldn't kick you in the nuts.
How about a kick in the testicles instead?
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 03:04 AM

I read these few simple words from a yoga friend today.

You may or may not like them yourself, but I thought they were rather nice.

Kindness.

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.
Kindness in giving creates love.
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
This is an ancient quote by philosopher Lao-Tzu. Also attributed to him

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present."

"The more you know the less you understand."
I like two these especially as they are very pertinent to me
Kindness in words creates confidence
The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step

I used to have confidence but its taken a lot of blows and got seriously damaged, and I have got something really big I need to do which I cannot seem to start as to me it looks a massive task.

I'm ashamed to admit to you I have a CBT therapist, who tells me that I need to be kind to myself when I achieve a "goal" and the only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time. Its ok when I see her but at home alone its harder to believe.
You're all going to think I'm a loony now
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->

I used to have confidence but its taken a lot of blows and got seriously damaged, and I have got something really big I need to do which I cannot seem to start as to me it looks a massive task.

I'm ashamed to admit to you I have a CBT therapist, who tells me that I need to be kind to myself when I achieve a "goal" and the only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time. Its ok when I see her but at home alone its harder to believe.
Hi

Nothing wrong at all with telling us that at all.

It is good that you can and you are certainly not a loony by any stretch of the imagination.

A lot of the trained professionals get counselling.

Some of the Police from Manchester are going through it, they have kids themselves, first on the scene and seeing bits of kids splattered around is horrific, they could easily have been your kids, you think about it.

It does not show that you are weak, or ineffective or loony at all.

It just shows that you are human like the rest of us.

I was the ultimate hardman when I was working, absolutely nothing fazed me at all, you just lock it away, shove it into a part of your mind, you have a job to do and others rely on you for leadership.

The boss cannot be seen to crack, others depend on you, your staff, the people you are protecting.

I cried buckets when my dogs have had to be put down.

Absolutely nothing wrong with showing your emotions and crying certainly does not make you less of a man.

I am having treatment for PTSD at the moment, years of being the hardman can catch up with you, especially when you retire, more time to think about things.

Nothing wrong with it at all, so please do not think that you are a looney, you aren't.

You are just human, like the rest of us.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 06:11 AM

I like that one, Annie.

Time we had some positive thoughts on here, I need a break from all the hatred, religion and politics.
Well said, Mups. I love the words in your OP and the ones in Annies.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 06:21 AM

Not at all - one of my dearest friends has really bad OCD and anxieity problems. She is having both CBT and EMDR. There is no shame in askiing for and receiving help - we all need that from time to time. Sometimes professional, sometimes just support from a friend who is a good listener. You are among friends in here MC.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

02-07-2017, 06:23 AM

Swimfeeders - what a lovely post !
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 07:29 AM

Why on earth would we think you are a loony?

Admitting you have a problem and seeking help for it are the most self aware things you can do. Many people simply ignore problems and let them become insumountable.

You have faced yours and have accepted the challenge of change.
Well done.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 08:15 AM

I like this thread. I like it because I can already see something happening.
A little kindness has begun.

More nice quotes have been added and two people have openly admitted they are having counselling.
The encouragement and response shown already, indicates more kindness, so it has spread a little more.

MC, no one thinks you a 'a looney' at all, stop putting yourself down.
To you and Swims, it can only be good you have asked for help and not chose to ignore things. That takes courage. Many are not brave enough to do that.

You have taken that first step of your journey. Don't go back.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 08:21 AM

I like this thread. I like it because I can already see something happening.
A little kindness has begun.

More nice quotes have been added and two people have openly admitted they are having counselling.
The encouragement and response shown already, indicates more kindness, so it has spread a little more.

MC, no one thinks you a 'a looney' at all, stop putting yourself down.
To you and Swims, it can only be good you have asked for help and not chose to ignore things. That takes courage. Many are not brave enough to do that.

You have taken that first step of your journey. Don't go back.
Hi

I think my counselor now needs counselling.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 08:24 AM

It's ok not to be perfect, none of us are.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top