Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 02:28 PM

Back from the Vetīs

I took ChoCho to the Vet this morning as on Tuesday I noticed a small purple looking swelling on the bottom of her left eyelid. The Vet said it was a fairly common age related problem with breeds with large round eyes. Evidently not painful but very uncomfortable and needs removing as otherwise it will continue to grow.

ChoCho had a good check over, again, this morning, heart fine, blood tests will be done Tuesday morning before her operation afterwards. ChoCho has to be at the Vetīs at 9.30 a.m. on Tuesday, the Vet said the operation wonīt take long at all.

Iīm dreading it, Iīll probably have no finger ends left until I know I can fetch her home.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 03:09 PM

Re: Back from the Vetīs

I can guess how you're feeling clumsy, but I'm sure she will be fine, especially if your bloods are good.
Is it like a little wart thingy that old dogs often get? I should think they'll nip that off very quickly so she won't be 'out' for long.

Horrible coming home without them though isn't it.
You'll have to keep yourself busy that day.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I can guess how you're feeling clumsy, but I'm sure she will be fine, especially if your bloods are good.
Is it like a little wart thingy that old dogs often get? I should think they'll nip that off very quickly so she won't be 'out' for long.

Horrible coming home without them though isn't it.
You'll have to keep yourself busy that day.
To be honest Mups Iīm not sure what it is, the Vet told me some completely unpronounceable name. The major part of whatever it is down inside the bottom eyelid, which is why it wasnīt seen until it popped up above it, itīs right in the corner. Believe me, I will be a nervous wreck. The Vet said if itīs left it will continue growing and obviously be extremely uncomfortable for her.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 03:24 PM

Hi Loretta as the operation is external and will be quickly performed only a small amount of anaesthetic will be required for ChoCho and she should be round again fairly quickly so try not to worry too much.

It's a good thing to have the growth removed now before it has chance to grow and irritate the eye .

Chloe had an epulus removed from her gum a few weeks ago and was herself again in no time
I kept busy and the time passed quickly.
I paid extra to have the pre op blood test done too, always worth it I think
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

07-12-2017, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Loretta as the operation is external and will be quickly performed only a small amount of anaesthetic will be required for ChoCho and she should be round again fairly quickly so try not to worry too much.

It's a good thing to have the growth removed now before it has chance to grow and irritate the eye .

Chloe had an epulus removed from her gum a few weeks ago and was herself again in no time
I kept busy and the time passed quickly.
I paid extra to have the pre op blood test done too, always worth it I think
Thank you Meg. Iīm glad Chloe was okay. Iīm sure ChoCho will be okay, itīs me who will be the nervous wreck. ChoCho is such a good little thing, she sat as good as gold whilst her eye was being examined, she didnīt even flinch.

I am a bit surprised to read that you paid extra for the pre op blood test. No choice here, nothing surgery wise is done without a blood test first. I asked what sort of cost I would be looking at but I canīt remember if the Vet said around E90 or E190, not that it matters, ChoChoīs well being is priority so whatever has to be paid will be paid.

It reminds me of when ChoCho went to be spayed at just over 6 months old. Nervous wreck wasnīt in it. We went to fetch her back expecting her to be dozy and clingy, as Muffin was after his castration, but no, the Vet opened her door and out shot ChoCho drip thing still attached, flew up into the shop part, with the Vet in hot pursuit, and grabbed a fluffy toy she had spotted on the way in. Everyone in there was laughing at her. "Keep her quiet tonight" said the Vet. Back home she was bouncing around all over the place, no chance of keeping her quiet. There were no stitches to bother her, just one internal stitch the Vet said, no bruising, the actual little wound was sort of rolled over, I think they use some kind of glue, but apart from the little bit on her tummy that had been shaved, you wouldnīt have know anything had been done at all.

I shall take yours and Mups advice and keep busy, away from the house I think. Shopping for things I donīt need might be an idea.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Thank you Meg. Iīm glad Chloe was okay. Iīm sure ChoCho will be okay, itīs me who will be the nervous wreck. ChoCho is such a good little thing, she sat as good as gold whilst her eye was being examined, she didnīt even flinch.

I am a bit surprised to read that you paid extra for the pre op blood test. No choice here, nothing surgery wise is done without a blood test first. I asked what sort of cost I would be looking at but I canīt remember if the Vet said around E90 or E190, not that it matters, ChoChoīs well being is priority so whatever has to be paid will be paid.

It reminds me of when ChoCho went to be spayed at just over 6 months old. Nervous wreck wasnīt in it. We went to fetch her back expecting her to be dozy and clingy, as Muffin was after his castration, but no, the Vet opened her door and out shot ChoCho drip thing still attached, flew up into the shop part, with the Vet in hot pursuit, and grabbed a fluffy toy she had spotted on the way in. Everyone in there was laughing at her. "Keep her quiet tonight" said the Vet. Back home she was bouncing around all over the place, no chance of keeping her quiet. There were no stitches to bother her, just one internal stitch the Vet said, no bruising, the actual little wound was sort of rolled over, I think they use some kind of glue, but apart from the little bit on her tummy that had been shaved, you wouldnīt have know anything had been done at all.

I shall take yours and Mups advice and keep busy, away from the house I think. Shopping for things I donīt need might be an idea.
I just looked it up on my bill Loretta and the blood test cost Ģ39 .
Regardless of having an operation it's good to know liver and kidney function is still ok in an older dog .
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

07-12-2017, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I just looked it up on my bill Loretta and the blood test cost Ģ39 .
Regardless of having an operation it's good to know liver and kidney function is still ok in an older dog .
I absolutely agree Meg.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 05:37 PM

Always a worrying time, Loretta. I hope all goes well.

My niece had her Shih Tzu spayed recently and her stitches got infected. Her young son had to stay with my sister for a night because he couldn't take the pup's crying. He was walking about hands over his ears saying 'please make it stop!'

I shall most probably get Holly spayed next Spring. I can't breed from her with my home environment.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

07-12-2017, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Always a worrying time, Loretta. I hope all goes well.

My niece had her Shih Tzu spayed recently and her stitches got infected. Her young son had to stay with my sister for a night because he couldn't take the pup's crying. He was walking about hands over his ears saying 'please make it stop!'

I shall most probably get Holly spayed next Spring. I can't breed from her with my home environment.
There was never any intention of breeding from ChoCho Jazzi, even though people said we should since all Black is not common. We had to pay more for her because she was all Black and some people we came across with Shih Tzus wanted to buy her from us, one man offered us 1000 euros for her, of course we refused, there is no amount of money that would buy her.

Re the spaying, I donīt know why the spaying procedure is different here, but it is, and as far as Iīm concerned itīs a much better system too, no stitches, no open wound and no bruising. Perhaps its a more expensive system, I donīt know, I think we paid E160. I suppose you could always ask your Vet I hope your nieceīs dog is okay now, poor little thing must have been really distressed.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 06:21 PM

Hope all goes well with the operation.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top