Join for free
Page 9 of 34 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 01:50 AM

Re: Supreme Court nominee accused

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Curious thing, the accuser only popped up when it was a near certainty that Judge Kavanaugh would be passed on for a full Senate vote. And who arranged that ? The ranking Democrat Diane Feinstein.
Don't suppose the accuser is a plant put in place by Kavanaugh himself?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
this may help if you are really interested?

outliers
This is an exceptional read. I deal with data all the time and have always been fascinated with outliers and fringeliers and how they affect data results. Good stuff.

Some people may joke at it, laugh at it , but what is happening right now in the Judiciary Committee of the U. S. Senate is about the most important event that can happen within the U.S. The choice of a new Justice will determine the course America will take for the next 40 years.

That is why the Democrats are using every dirty trick they can come up with to oust Kavanaugh.
This is why I appreciate our system of government that would allow this woman to have her say, and trust/hope that those hearing her claim will do their best to make a fair assessment. Let due process (including Kavanaugh's right to face his accuser) rule the day. Since this is indeed probably the most powerful position in the country when it comes to precedent and the law of the land, this claim should be treated seriously and put through the machinations of the approval process.

Feinstein should be brought up on ethics charges if she really believed that Kavanaugh presented a danger to women or was unqualified to serve in his present position by holding on to that letter. She can't exactly claim to be an advocated for women's rights if she protected Kavanaugh, whom she claims to be unfit.

I emailed my Senators yesterday and reminded them to put aside their politics and to treat this as fairly as they expected a new Supreme Court Justice to preside.

By the way, we still don't have any details about this woman's claim about Kavanaugh's alleged behavior in the incident, so I am waiting to comment. The spectrum of behavior between males and females is expansive (with its share of outliers and fringliers).
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 04:33 PM

We STILL have no word on whether Ford will testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee. She seems to be having a hard time making up her mind. Or, perhaps she just needs more time to get her story straight.

5 times the chairman has extended the dead-line for an answer.

The accuser, Ford, keeps making new demands. Apparently she does not have the courage to look her alleged abuser in the eye when she tells her story, for she has demanded that he not be in the same room with her as she speaks (if she ever decides to speak).

She has also demanded that fewer cameras be in the room. She also claims that she can not get to Washington (in 5 days) by this coming Thursday. The committee has offered to go to her, but that is not good enough for our ever so delicate female. Or perhaps she is afraid to be sworn in and place herself in danger of perjury ?

She wants,or so it seems, to play hardball, but only if she is the one to set the rules. The committee has thus far been treating her with 'kid gloves', while she continues to play hardball.

In the meantime, all of America is waiting for her to make up her mind.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 08:11 PM

I just read an article in the Washington Post re: Catherine Blasey Ford.

I was always suspicious of her story from the beginning. I trust activist liberals about as much as I trust a cobra.

Catherine Blasey ford is a psychologist. She therefore has access to dozens, perhaps hundreds of other psychologists from whom she could have sought help dealing with her "trauma".

The Washington Post article/interview with Dr Ford said she moved 3, 000 miles away from Maryland to "get away from the memories of her assault."

As a psychologist, she knows all too well that we can not run away from our personal troubles. They follow us like a nemesis.

In the article it also says that if Trump became president and Judge Kavanaugh was nominated and confirmed and sat on the Supreme Court, she Dr Ford would have moved to another country o get away from the memory of her "trauma".

Baloney ! I don't believe one word of it. All of this over a teenage "sexual assault" that was never even close to a rape ? More baloney !

I, personally, have been though far worse, and I haven't given the assault 2 seconds worth of thought in the last 54 years.

And we are supposed to believe that a professional psychologist is/was that traumatized ? Give me a freakin' break !

It's about the politics and nothing but the politics.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 10:48 PM

And we are supposed to believe that a professional psychologist is/was that traumatized ? Give me a freakin' break !
That's a great line Thanks
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 12:27 AM

I just read an article in the Washington Post re: Catherine Blasey Ford.

I was always suspicious of her story from the beginning. I trust activist liberals about as much as I trust a cobra.

Catherine Blasey ford is a psychologist. She therefore has access to dozens, perhaps hundreds of other psychologists from whom she could have sought help dealing with her "trauma".

The Washington Post article/interview with Dr Ford said she moved 3, 000 miles away from Maryland to "get away from the memories of her assault."

As a psychologist, she knows all too well that we can not run away from our personal troubles. They follow us like a nemesis.

In the article it also says that if Trump became president and Judge Kavanaugh was nominated and confirmed and sat on the Supreme Court, she Dr Ford would have moved to another country o get away from the memory of her "trauma".

Baloney ! I don't believe one word of it. All of this over a teenage "sexual assault" that was never even close to a rape ? More baloney !

I, personally, have been though far worse, and I haven't given the assault 2 seconds worth of thought in the last 54 years.

It's about the politics and nothing but the politics.
don't you believe in the call of "innocent until proven guilty?" it works both ways ya know BM?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

23-09-2018, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
don't you believe in the call of "innocent until proven guilty?" it works both ways ya know BM?
Indeed! One would assume that there'd still be either physical witnesses of the alleged assault or, at the very least, friends of the claimant who could testify as to how upset she was at the time and to whom she possibly offloaded details of her traumatic experience
bakerman
Mexico

23-09-2018, 12:48 AM

6 days of negotiations and we are not one inch closer to having a date for Ford (the accuser) to testify. The Judiciary Committee has done everything except literally beg her to testify.

If left up to me, I'd set a date, for the testimony and if she showed up, ok. If not, ok. But, by God, the process would continue with, or without her. Enough games !

The date I'd set would be this coming Wednesday, Sept 26th at 10 am. (that date has been "discussed" but her attorneys have vetoed it, saying she could not get from California to Washington D.C. that soon). Duh, it takes 5 hours on a plane, but 96 hours is not enough ?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

23-09-2018, 12:57 AM

The date I'd set would be this coming Wednesday, Sept 26th at 10 am. (that date has been "discussed" but her attorneys have vetoed it, saying she could not get from California to Washington D.C. that soon). Duh, it takes 5 hours on a plane, but 96 hours is not enough ?
Maybe she doesn't like flying, nor travelling by car, nor horse drawn carriage, nor by donkey, nor walking, nor by sea, nor by being carried on a pallet, nor by rickshaw, nor ... etc, etc.

As such, you're being highly insensitive towards her needs, which include an understanding of her agoraphobia, arachnaphobia, panaphobia, and indeed all of the phobias on this list, all of which date back curiously 36 years!!..

Honestly, what sort of man are you?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Maybe she doesn't like flying, nor travelling by car, nor horse drawn carriage, nor by donkey, nor walking, nor by sea, nor by being carried on a pallet, nor by rickshaw, nor ... etc, etc.

As such, you're being highly insensitive towards her needs, which include an understanding of her agoraphobia, arachnaphobia, panaphobia, and indeed all of the phobias on this list, all of which date back curiously 36 years!!..

Honestly, what sort of man are you?

sarcasm is a poor second to good wit - Paul Drew

Page 9 of 34 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top