Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 08:31 AM

Re: Photo Restoration ~ my website

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Is that better Rachel. No Idea who took it but it must have been on a 35mm colour film to pull back some of the colours. AS I said wern't easy and would not even try except being very personal to me
On the back of the original says taken in sept 1981 at mevigissy cornwall
. Gave my sister a copy and she was over the moon about it as she didn't have any photos
Yes cropped a bit as that was not important, my late mum and dad is what I wanted, and yes I miss them terribly

Had a quick look at you home page some I know how to remove scratches and creases but the colouring is fantastic that you have done. Must have taken a long time even if you know what to start on first.
The editing and layers used must have been quite a task in itself

One thing I have found when asked by friends in the past to work on photos is that not being there at the time a lot of guess work is needed and rarely is it possible to get right colours.

Yes that's larger thanks and it looks like a nice piece of work.
Well done you and I know it must have given you immense satisfaction.

I have a strange relationship with colours and old photographs. Sometimes it can be a bit spooky lol ... Often, when I've been asked to colourise a monochrome photo as a surprise gift for 'Granny' etc I get feedback and find that the colours I've chosen are the very ones they were wearing.
realspeed
Chatterbox
east sussex
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 06:03 PM

Yes subs or subscribers I remember it well,I joined when it was still general post office (GPO) and drove around in Morris Minor vans. Pull cord switchboards and House exchange systems (HES) and House telephone systems (HTS) were the thing back then.
It then changed to Post Office then to British Telecom and now called Open Reach.

When it went private was its downfall in my opinion ,the pressure was due to shareholders interests and not the engineering staff .

For an example when I joined BT in 1972 putting in a telephone extn, either in a house or office, you were allowed 3.5 hours starting when on site. When I left BT in 1993 they allowed just 1.5 hours for the same job and that included travelling to site which around the London outskirts would take all that time up. Absolutely impossible times but those in charge couldn't care less, it was a terrible situation they put you in which is why I took early retirement.

Sorry Rachel slightly hijacked your thread
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 06:13 PM

Blimey! well done Rachel
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2014, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

Sorry Rachel slightly hijacked your thread
No problem bazza
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

26-10-2014, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by venus ->
Blimey! well done Rachel

Thanks venus
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top