Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2014, 01:15 PM

Night Master

Night Master By Kainsford Jones (copyrighted lol).

Mills & Boon type short novel ... 1st page.

Veronica's last words rang clearly in her mind:

"Don't forget ... A Silver Rolls Royce"

Forget? It wasn't everyday Samantha had the opportunity to ride on the Queen's highway in such a vehicle; and it was hardly a car to be overlooked however nonchalantly parked by its owner.

Samantha sat in front of her dressing table's mirror, idly brushing her hair, smiling to herself as she thought, with growing anticipation, of the journey she was to make the following day. She hesitated in her deliberations to study her reflection: Was she beautiful, attractive, alluring? Maybe she was all of them but no-one had ever said so. 'Nice looking in a thoughtful way', she had once been described: 'A thinking man's darling' by another. All rather vague assessments she thought; still, to her way of thinking, beauty was only skin deep. Her figure was good, there was no-doubt of that and she was determined to keep it that way. Samantha did her best to avoid vanity but deep down knew that if she made the effort heads could be turned if needs be.

To be entrapped, yet again, in such a sleepy Welsh town for the whole of the summer vacation had not appealed. For four years Samantha had spent her mid year, three month break from University being bored for the majority of the time at home. A student she had befriended, staying in a dorm close to her own, had put forward a proposal that held great attraction and she had decided to take her up on the offer:

"Come and stay with me for a while: a week, month, it doesn't really matter. Mama and Papa won't mind at all. There's so many empty rooms available for guests that they will be glad to have the company. Gives them a chance to air the rooms and to show off their heritage and all that. Do come ... please".

On the spur of the moment Samantha had agreed to go, but on further consideration decided that she might have been rather hasty in agreeing to the proposal. 'Mama and Papa', as Veronica so endearingly called her mother and father, were apparently landed gentry and obviously upper class. Withdrawing from the offer seemed the sensible thing to do but an opportunity to see how the other half lived shouldn't be wasted, couldn't be wasted, after all wasn't she a student eager for experience and knowledge?

Wrote the complete book - short un - about 25 years ago. Thinking of getting back in to writing so dragged this out of the bottom of the cupboard to see how bad my initial effort was. Don't seem so bad to me - fun and corny .
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2014, 01:22 PM

Re: Night Master

Let me know when you get to the bit about evil aliens getting slaughtered by the all American hero.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2014, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Let me know when you get to the bit about evil aliens getting slaughtered by the all American hero.
Tis all about sexual awakenings - no aliens innit . There is though a tall dark bitter and emotionally damaged geezer. Intriguing eh...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2014, 01:32 PM

'Kainsford Jones' oh dear...

That would have put me off for a start
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

27-03-2014, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
'Kainsford Jones' oh dear...

That would have put me off for a start
Never mind that - what about the novel - good eh?

I gonna tighten it all up - with help from a friend - and submit it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2014, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Never mind that - what about the novel - good eh?

I gonna tighten it all up - with help from a friend - and submit it.
....too 'twee' for me Mark
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

27-03-2014, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
....too 'twee' for me Mark
Mills & Boon innit - 'twee' is what you get.

Great to write this stuff though - tis fun.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2014, 01:53 PM

Seems fair Mark, but not my cup of tea, I don't read romance novels.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

27-03-2014, 01:58 PM

Needs work - far too many 'shes' in it for my liking.

Mills & Boon type novels have quite a following.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

27-03-2014, 02:01 PM

See how this works much better ...

Original
Samantha did her best to avoid vanity but deep down she knew that if she made the effort she could turn heads if need be.

Edited
Samantha did her best to avoid vanity but deep down knew that if she made the effort heads could be turned if needs be.

25 years have passed since I wrote the novel so applying what I know now should help finish it off to a high enough standard - I think. Don't know unless I try.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top