Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
SteveJackson
New Member!
Florida
SteveJackson is male 

01-07-2014, 02:18 AM

Crosswords

Every morning I do a few crossword puzzle in my daily newspaper. I even bought books of them and I'm very hooked in it. It's very challenging and gives me a sense of accomplishment. Wondering if there are printable crosswords online?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 02:22 AM

Re: Crosswords

I too like crossword puzzles and buy the books, there's many links to online puzzles, here's one you can check out
SteveJackson
New Member!
Florida
SteveJackson is male 

01-07-2014, 03:21 AM

Thank you Honey. I will check it out.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by SteveJackson ->
Every morning I do a few crossword puzzle in my daily newspaper. I even bought books of them and I'm very hooked in it. It's very challenging and gives me a sense of accomplishment. Wondering if there are printable crosswords online?
Cryptics or the quick ones? I used to do the Sydney Morning Herald Quick crossword but after a while could get it out in 10 minutes so went on to the cryptics. Then I found that I couldn't do the Quick crosswords because I was trying to read the clue like a cryptic one so only do cryptic crosswords now.

I don't buy a newspaper any more so have to rely on books of Cryptics these days but you are right they are fun.
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

01-07-2014, 10:57 AM

I used to do cryptic crosswords from The Guardian with one of my ex's, every day and 2 Sunday papers when we had the time. It was mostly him though, I never was that good at it.

The ones o like nowadays are the code words .. Where they give you two or three letters and you have to work the words out from that.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 12:11 PM

I love crosswords - especially The Times ones.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 09:34 PM

Haven't done one for years, well since I stopped buying newspapers. Might have another go, there's one in my gardening mag! Don't understand sudoko though, ended up ripping it up last time I tried, too many numbers!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 10:03 PM

I like both crosswords and Sudoku, usually have a couple of books of both on the go
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Haven't done one for years, well since I stopped buying newspapers. Might have another go, there's one in my gardening mag! Don't understand sudoko though, ended up ripping it up last time I tried, too many numbers!
You should try a Binary Sudoku.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 06:56 AM

I'm afraid that I'm hopeless at cryptic crosswords, even presented with the question and the answer I often can't see the connection between the two....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top