Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2009, 10:45 PM

Re: Do you like where you live?

Originally Posted by nero ->
I'm content where I live, only 1 mile from the motorway and we're exactly half way between Edinburgh and Glasgow, if I don't want to drive there's trains every 15 mins both ways and it's only a 15 minute ride in the train.

I can see this from my back door.

And this is only 20 minutes away.
when i was little we lived on a farm just off the westerhailes road. the edinburgh-glasgow rail line was at the bottom of the feilds,
i went to school in juniper green.(not long been pulled down so i hear)
really want to go back there n visit.
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 08:16 AM

After six moves over thirty five years I think we have found a nice spot --it is in a quiet cul-de-sac. We know our immediate neighbours well -and a few minutes drive away we have the Broads -and the sea
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 09:32 AM

I used to like living here (Southend) - but it`s changed beyond recognition over the last 12 years. Now I`d love to move, but don`t have the resources to do it. so I make the best of it.
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

20-09-2009, 12:15 PM

Yep!
I am at "the posh end" (apparently) of Croydon, and can walk into town in 10 minutes. I have gorgeous parks and woodland literally minutes away, and can be at the coast in under an hour. The train to London takes only 12 minutes, and I always get the train to Gatwick when going on holiday as the service is brilliant. I've lived here 33 years this year, and it'll be my final property
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 05:12 PM

Well I live on a council estate in Birmingham and I love it....I would like a bigger garden with a view other than houses but hey swings and round abouts. I am happy what I have its on a good bus route and has Doctors/shops/libary/schools all within walking distance. And best of all family and friends here live nearby.
I live in a in a cul de sac and yes kids play out and make a noise (I have no children) but Hey who wants to live in a morgue........looking at the news kids rarely play outside so I think I am lucky living here where people feel safe enough to let their kids play outdoors. And whats a better sound than children laughing?...exactly.

Would I move maybe but in future but I like trust and know my neighbours and thats worth a lot more than a "good area" where people don't speak or acknowledge one another.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top