Join for free
Page 150 of 190 « First < 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 01:04 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good morning Arty, it's good to see you here, I was thinking about renaming 'Bob's Bits' to the 'Marie Celeste'....Not many visitors this year....Whatever...
The cake was delicious Arty, I'm quite partial to a wedge of Victoria Sponge and a cup of tea...And yes, the kitchen is still in pristine condition as can be seen in this photograph I've just taken following my breakfast.

Mrs Fox has had to house sit this morning at her deceased father's old flat, just some final stuff to do before the new owners move in...So I'm in charge of the kitchen, that's why it looks so tidy... How are you keeping? I've not read much of you just lately except the topic you started recently. I always look forward to reading and commenting on your threads.... Keep up the good work Arty, I'm off for a look round the forum now and see what mischief I can get into........
Foxy, Thank You for your lovely words, you are always so nice!

Gosh, that is a very tidy kitchen! Where is the toaster, the kettle, the weighing scales, the microwave, the halogen oven, all the things that are cluttering my worktops!

Have you got granite worktops? I could have had granite worktops at the time but l thought l wouldn’t appreciate them, so l just had ordinary ones! My big regret!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 10:14 AM

Thanks Arty, if only Mrs Fox shared your enthusiasm......

I like to keep life simple Arty, and it starts in the kitchen, no Microwave or Dishwasher, toast is done under the grill of a standard gas oven, weighing scales are those that pack away in a little plastic container and are mechanical ones. Can't have the batteries running out while I'm weighing out my porridge in the mornings..... We do have an overworked kettle though, and I can guarantee a tasty steaming cup of Yorkshire Tea should you ever find yourself in this neck of the woods..... Bring your own biscuits though, we don't have any in the house. (Got to look after my figure....)

The worktops are 'Composite' Arty, apparently they are more durable than Granite. That's what the bloke in the shop told us!...
A mixture of various bits of rock, Granite, Quartz and some other bits that I couldn't spell. They are ground up into little bits and then compressed together, it makes a very nice pattern......However! They are always cold, and are prone to damage if you drop anything on them......

We're off to do the weekend shopping now, and then drive to a Garden Centre for our lunch. We had hoped to visit one at Bridlington and then go for a walk along the seafront, but the weather seems to be a bit naff, so maybe just the lunch then....
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 12:06 PM

Hi Foxy,

As I missed your time in the seat, I wanted to ask you something. As you love mending and tweaking things did you ever watch The Repair Shop. I found it a brilliant programme.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
Hi Foxy,

As I missed your time in the seat, I wanted to ask you something. As you love mending and tweaking things did you ever watch The Repair Shop. I found it a brilliant programme.
I've not had the pleasure Cedronella, I think it clashes with something.....But I just love the re assembler with James May..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-09-2018, 07:36 PM

The Fox working in his garden........

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The Fox working in his garden........

It's a hard life Bob, isn't it
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 09:11 AM

Hi Bob...just wanted to tell you well done in the hot seat...you know how hit and miss I am here but I read every one of your posts...well done mister
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-09-2018, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It's a hard life Bob, isn't it
Ha ha....Yes Mags.....The chair is usually the first piece of equipment to be commissioned at the start of any garden project......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-09-2018, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Hi Bob...just wanted to tell you well done in the hot seat...you know how hit and miss I am here but I read every one of your posts...well done mister
Thanks Summer, I really appreciate it, so nice to get some positive feedback....

wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 05:37 PM

Good afternoon OG Fox......

I was going to abandon the forum for a while because I have such a busy life lately and not enough hours in a day........

BUT: I changed my mind and decided to look through the Bob's Bits thread and see what is happening in here...........

So, what say you... dear friend ?

Page 150 of 190 « First < 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top