Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 08:54 PM

Re: Has anyone used a sprayer

You don't know my husband he has been driving me crazy these last few weeks he is such a fussy wotsit he just goes on and on and it's got to be done NOW he has a bad back and can't bend so the sprayer idea is so He can do it as I don't really have the time to spend hours painting the fence well I say hours it would probably be weeks when we used to paint the old one which was just up the one side of the garden I used to do the bottom half and himself did the top...
It's just the sprayer idea seemed the answer to our prayers...
Sue
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by suey ->
he has a bad back and can't bend so the sprayer idea is so He can do it
OK Suey I get the picture Just give him the sprayer and let him get on with it

To be fair to the makers, if you pick a day with no breeze and keep the spray head close to the fence then the problems are reduced. Picking a colour that matches the neighbours woodwork will also help
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
OK Suey I get the picture Just give him the sprayer and let him get on with it

To be fair to the makers, if you pick a day with no breeze and keep the spray head close to the fence then the problems are reduced. Picking a colour that matches the neighbours woodwork will also help
............ and watch out for the neighbouring cats and dogs!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by losos ->
ok suey i get the picture :-d just give him the sprayer and let him get on with it :-d

to be fair to the makers, if you pick a day with no breeze and keep the spray head close to the fence then the problems are reduced. Picking a colour that matches the neighbours woodwork will also help :-d:-d:-d
:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 10:51 PM

Just catching this thread. Bad experience with repainting some white wrought iron lawn furniture on the driveway. Not a breezy day, but paint everywhere. mostly on me, the fence, the grapevine, the forsythia bush ...you get the picture! DO please wear a face mask to keep from inhaling it, and if you wear glasses, put safety goggles over them!!
suey
Shropshire

29-08-2009, 07:47 PM

Well we have just been and bought a power sprayer and 3 cans of paint (Ronseal) now just got to wait for a really calm day to have a go so I will let you know how we got on in 2023....
Sue
suey
Shropshire

10-09-2009, 09:07 PM

Well we have done 16 panel sides out of 36 done in 7 hours the spraying took about 40 minutes the rest was masking off posts/gravel boards and touching up the 2 slats besides them and the tops of the posts can't imagine how long it would have taken so far with a brush the wood is just absorbing it like tissue paper ... So getting there Thanks all for coments
Sue
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 09:05 PM

An old thread I know but just thought I'd say that I see many fence jobs where the concrete posts and gravel boards are sprayed/painted as well. They seem to hold the colour OK. I think the job may even look better with the posts and boards the same colour as the fence panels. Must make the job quite a bit quicker as well.

I haven't used a spray but both my neighbours have, so I have some experience at removing the spray from windows and white plastic

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top