Join for free
Page 368 of 1676 « First < 268 318 358 366 367 368 369 370 378 418 468 868 1368 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 10:26 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

well since I rucked up me knee and taken to crutches, bending has become somewhat treacherous once I reach a certain fulcrum point I just keep falling until I reach the ground! not a pretty sight when bowing and shakin hands with royalty!
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Borders and borderlines, looks like the prophecies of old Chief Dan George were right when he said ‘Everyones gotta have an edge”

Who knows whats hidden in the soul of man RJ, shallows can be overlooked, but one must always pay ones depths.

Sometimes it pays to jump in at the deep end Gummy, I jumped into marriage at 19 and never regretted it, and sometimes it can be disastrous, all depends on the luck of the draw, we are all in the hands of fate.

All together now, a blast from “He who valiant be” as remembered from the film "Clockwork" with John Cleese.

“He who would valiant be ’gainst all disaster,
Let him in constancy follow the Master.
There’s no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent to be a pilgrim”

As the gay man said to the salvation band leader when asked what hymn would he like “Him over there with the big drum”

Oh I do feel spiritually uplifted after that, like one of the pilgrims setting out for the new world, God forgive me, one should not knock those gallant folks.
Jem, what a coincidence for I've been humming that hymn all day..
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
just jump in the deep end FGS Robert!

For goodness sake
I got the hippy hippy shake
I've got to shake
Who the hippy hippy shake

Who I can't keep still
With the hippy hippy shake
I get my fill
Ooh my baby
Oh the hippy hippy shake

Well now you shake it to the left
Shake it to the right
Do the hippy shake shake
With all of you migh
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 11:54 PM

Tonight was exasperating, once again made to feel guilty, for other folks demise, but, as always, mindful of one's own demise, just around the corner.
So Be It.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Tonight was exasperating, once again made to feel guilty, for other folks demise, but, as always, mindful of one's own demise, just around the corner.
So Be It.
well glad you felt you can come along here and let it all out spittie - they're weren't giving you advise about building something on the back of the house were they?

Now a bit of psychology here spits - this is my field - you only make yaself feel guilty other people can't do that to you - remember you can be criticized or laughed at or finger pointed for whatever reason but you are ya own man and I think it would be true to say that on here that we have become to know you well

you can rise above criticism - let the phoenix arise oh man of stone! your a man not to be messed around with!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

29-11-2017, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
For goodness sake
I got the hippy hippy shake
I've got to shake
Who the hippy hippy shake

Who I can't keep still
I get my fill
Ooh my baby
Oh the hippy hippy shake

Well now you shake it to the left
Shake it to the right
Do the hippy shake shake
With all of you migh
OMG jumpin jack flash heh - A sight for sore eyes - RJ doin the hippy hippy shake - I think we are probably havin more fun here in cyberspace than if we were sat in a dublin pub havin a guiness [but oh the mind wanders and wishes!]
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

29-11-2017, 04:32 AM

I think Ive tracked down one of our problems

"As they age, the cumulative damage to the mitochondria makes them less efficient at turning fuel into energy and the number of mitochondria per cell reduces. As a result, the body has to function with one-half to one-fourth of the energy it had in its youth. This has a knock on effect on the whole body, particularly on the organs that require the most energy such as the heart and brain.
Mitochondrial decay is a major contributor to ageing - studies have shown that young people have virtually no mitochondrial damage, whereas the mitochondria in the cells of elderly people are mostly dysfunctional. So improving mitochondrial function may help to protect against, even eliminate, one risk factor for disease."

It is interesting to ponder about the mitochondrial damage of our little group here - I would put my own hand up for significant damage over the years but I would also guess that other members are doing quite well - Puggsy sounds like a good mitochondrial character and Jem and Spittie but me and JR need a few shovel fulls of new mitochondria ??
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 04:26 PM

Ahhhh,gumbud,how greatly we worry over such small cytoplasmic matrixes,ol' chap....
The chance-percentage of mitochondrial dysfunction is really not worth your tears,gumbud...so blow yer conk & dry yer eyes,me old mate. Y'see;The most important function of the mitochondria is to produce energy. Fairy Nuff. The simpler [i.e; more basic] molecules of nutrition are passed to the mitochondria,to be processed to produce charged molecules. These charged molecules combine with oxygen and thus produce 'ATP'(Adenosine triphosphate] molecules. This process is known as oxidative phosphorylation. [sorry!]
Mitochondria help cells to maintain proper concentration of calcium ions within the compartments of the cell,but they also help in building certain parts of blood and hormones,i.e; testosterone and estrogen.
The mitochondria in liver cells,have enzymes that detoxify ammonia. THESE,although not seeming so,are the m/c that are really important to keep operational-they stop you poisoning yourself from within...by accident.
The mitochondria also play important role in the process of apoptosis or 'programmed cell death'. Which is to say,each-and-every cell & microcell in the human-or any-living framework,has a 'cut-off' date after which apoptosis will take place,clearing out used 'husks' to be replaced with energetic cells....THIS is the process that slows as the body ages,thus you humans [shuddup] become slower,less 'sprightly'...and fussier regarding diet. However-the slowing of the process is not in,or of itself,a bad or dangerous thing,as the mitochondria play an important role in the production of ATP via the process of oxidative phosphorylation. At this point,I'll STFU and suggest that if you're interested,you Bing,Google,I.E.Safari, or whatever the bloody thing's called,the phrase 'Krebs cycle'. Oh...if anyone's wondering,'ATP' is a nucleotide performing many essential roles in body cells. It's the major energy format of the cell,providing the energy for most of the sometimes extremely energy-consumptive activities within a cell. Damnit...I'm being stared at again...Anon,poppets...
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 05:03 PM

On a somewhat lighter note,because I don't spend ALL my time immersed in encyclopaedias - I've been reading about the Indian filmmaking industry;namely,'Bollywood'.
It's ok - but I don't see why they have to make such a song-and-dance about it.

There,see? I can do humour,too!

Ai thenkyoh....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 05:20 PM

Mitrochondria my arse, nothing like a pint or two of guinness for all the energy you need, when my missus was a young girl she was anaemic and the doctor prescribed a half-pint bottle of guinness a day for six months, she’s as healthy as sin today.
I’m well used to being blamed for everything that goes wrong in our house, big things and small things, past things and even things to come. For instance this morning herself was talking on the phone for over an hour to one of her sisters, when she finished she asked me did I want anything in the shop as she was going out, I said I could do with a few disposable razors, fair enough out she goes. Five minutes later she is back in again, she forgot her purse “And if I hadn’t been talking to you I would have put it in me bag” says she and storms out. I rest my case yer honour.
Us blokes are there for them to blame, they would be lost if we weren’t, it’s an escape valve for them, a kind of service, all part of the marriage deal, for a peaceful life it’s best to just accept it and roll along.

Page 368 of 1676 « First < 268 318 358 366 367 368 369 370 378 418 468 868 1368 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top