Join for free
Page 376 of 1676 « First < 276 326 366 374 375 376 377 378 386 426 476 876 1376 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 06:30 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Yes indeed Fruity, work would have to be done in the dark, but that problem could be easily solved by hiring experienced coal miners, them lads knows all about working in the dark and they would have excellent rates of pay and free travel home every ten years or so, the company were going to allow yearly trips home but felt sure the miners sweethearts would get pissed off getting the same souvenir every year, a bit of moon rock "But what else can I get you my dear, it is the moon you know, not Blackpool"
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 06:48 PM

That's great work you do with the old folks Sweetie, I admire you for that. I used to do hospital visits when I was younger, it would break your heart sometimes to see the way some sons and daughters treat their elderly parents.
Dublin city has changed so much over recent years Sweetie that I wouldn’t have a clue where to advise them to go, besides i’m terrible at giving advice, but Guinness brewery, Jameson’s whiskey distillery, the national art gallery and the two main museums, are worth a free visit anytime of the year, someone younger would know all the in places today, all my old haunts are gone now, victims of progress.
Thanks for the invitation to the candy bar, but it’s far too lively for an old lad like me.

Watching “Greystoke the legend of Tarzan” on TV today. (the leg end of Tarzan?)
Big game hunters on a boat in central Africa back in the early 1900’s, as the boat leisurely cruises up the river there is a big splash in the water, one eager chappie takes his rifle and shoots several bullets “Oh goodie! I got it” Another concerned chappie chips in “What was it?” “Don’t know, but it was something” Other chappie “Well now it’s a dead something” They all laughed and go on their merry way, it’s enough to drive a nature lover like me to drink.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 07:11 PM

shall I switch out the light now as me old Da used to say to us kids - if I leave the light on y'all be talkin right through' the night in his best texan drawl - oft we would hear him fall down the staircase as he tripped in the dark!

anyone care for any moon beams or mars bars??
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
shall I switch out the light now as me old Da used to say to us kids - if I leave the light on y'all be talkin right through' the night in his best texan drawl - oft we would hear him fall down the staircase as he tripped in the dark!

anyone care for any moon beams or mars bars??
Texan drawl I love that.
Here you go-
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 12:31 AM

what 'appens if ya take out the cork?? OK as a silly question - but I have a feeling that sweetie pie will have an intriguing answer that may lead us down a rabbit hole!!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 12:58 AM

My best advice about visiting Dublin is the same as any big city. Drive in to the centre or take the train, then get out and walk.
Look around, and look up. Make sure your camera batteries are fully charged and you have spares.

Eat and drink and join in with whatever the locals are eating or drinking or doing.
You won't be disappointed.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

06-12-2017, 01:41 AM

done it in 2000 boat ship from holyoake to don laighre then train to central dublin - a walkin day out and then train back to beautiful b/l in don laighre and an evening in one of their locals [not one knee cap injury!]
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 07:36 AM

Sad news,folks....my Great Uncle Vandian died on his 100th birthday.

...which was sad,as we were only half-way through giving him the bumps.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
what 'appens if ya take out the cork?? OK as a silly question - but I have a feeling that sweetie pie will have an intriguing answer that may lead us down a rabbit hole!!
WHAT!!! You don't know the song!!!!
'Carry moonbeams home in a jar, and be better off than you are' Do I have to teach you lot everyfink

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Sad news,folks....my Great Uncle Vandian died on his 100th birthday.

...which was sad,as we were only half-way through giving him the bumps.....
So sorry Pug, 100 is a very good age.

Dublin- I have been many times, and I will go again soon.
I was actually asking for Boozcruiser, but I will tell him.
I still have to learn the Irish Jig, I was being taught this in New York in the Irish Bar, but they kept giving me too much vodka, so I was mostly on the floor.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 03:21 PM

Took a photo of your car today Fruity, nice touch, monogrammed carrier bags.

Page 376 of 1676 « First < 276 326 366 374 375 376 377 378 386 426 476 876 1376 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top