Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 11:22 AM

N h S

It disgsuts me to see what is happening to this once respected service. The excuses givenn for the problems are pathetic.
Why is there a lack of beds? because Hospitals have been closed or downgraded, What for ? to save money !!! so that it can line the pockets of those that make these feeble excuses.
The Government has to bear the results of the state that it is in now.Follow on from that are the local Health Authorities that blithely close wards and downgrade Hospitals to meet their MONEY budgets. Patients come a very poor second in all this . I think someone said yesterday after having worked his shift as a consultant and then was called back in because they couldnt cope, that it was like working in a " Third World Country "
Ok I know we here have less people .,but also less Hospitals, etc etc. But unless it is an Ambulance emergency you cannot go to A&E untill you have spoken to a Doctor on the phone to describe your problem. if he thinks you need to see someone that night you will be given a time to attend the A&E, its no good just turning up unless it is a proper Emergency.
I bet 50% of the people that turn up at A&E dont need to
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 11:27 AM

Re: N h S

We used to have quite a good NHS Service up here, but since the downgrading and closures people have to now travel to Inverness over 100 miles away instead of ten minutes away. Makes me savage, everything's been sold into private hands so the greedy fat cats can get their paws on even more money to hide in their overseas bank accounts..
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
We used to have quite a good NHS Service up here, but since the downgrading and closures people have to now travel to Inverness over 100 miles away instead of ten minutes away. Makes me savage, everything's been sold into private hands so the greedy fat cats can get their paws on even more money to hide in their overseas bank accounts..
That's the caring sharing Tory party for you.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 01:19 PM

When I was in recently I was amazed at some of the waste yet again. They don't help them selves IMO

I was also amazed at how few nurses were on over night, one young lady running from one ward to another, I think she had four wards to look after, and she had to beg for cover to go to the loo ! Yet during the day so many nurses clustered around the desk chatting about their weekend and ignoring calls from beds. Just bad management and no one wanting to do the dirty work, all too educated and clever to change an adult nappy.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 01:50 PM

I have no complaints about the NHS service in my area.
Maybe, the service varies in different areas?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 02:06 PM

It does arti, it's not a national service at all.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 02:10 PM

The Health and Social care act is totally to blame for the shambles. They pushed it through despite the biggest demos in history.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 02:19 PM

There will never be enough money for the NHS but in reality there has to be a limit. At present the more money it gets the more treatments it offers and the more people demand it's services, just a vicious circle, and a circle which will never be squared without the will to limit the scope of services offered.

The other big problem of course is increased demand and not just by the ageing population , which is just about the only reason the media give, but from the extra 3.5 million people who have arrived on our shores within the last decade, plus NHS tourism of course, which is a scandal in itself and really needs stopping asap.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 02:29 PM

Shortage of Hospitals = shortage of beds= cuts made by Government to heath Authorties. I wonder if people on private health care are having their Operations postponed , because many of those operations are carried out in NHS hospitals by NHS Surgeons.
Its amazing that Hospitals that only seem to have one Nurse on duty at night looking after maybe two wards are not contravening the Heath and Safety act. It would be very interesting to see a complete breakdown of costs incurred by all Heath Authorities , OH I bet there would be some massaging of figures, BUT in the end it is the Government that are to blame for the cuts.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 02:50 PM

The government is certainly to blame for constant restructuring.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top