Join for free
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 05:40 PM

HMS Trouncer WWII or HMS Thane

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedPort...type=3&theater

Ok...my darling Dad (Bob Flegg, aged 92) keeps asking me if I have had any luck finding fellow shipmates that served with him on HMS Trouncer or HMS Thane on the North Atlantic convoys during the Second World War...I haven't...so let's see if Facebook can help? PLEASE SHARE...someone might know someone...fingers crossed x
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 06:13 PM

Re: HMS Trouncer WWII or HMS Thane

Best of luck with that Puddle Duck, have you or Bob ever searched on the forces member lists,? I am Ex R.N. myself so have a look on here
· SearchNow.com/Royal Navy Crew Lists
Search for Royal Navy Crew Lists! Best CBSi Content On SearchNow.com

Good Luck to Bob, tell him to "Splice the Main brace " if he finds any shipmates !
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 06:20 PM

Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by tomtwodogs ->
Best of luck with that Puddle Duck, have you or Bob ever searched on the forces member lists,? I am Ex R.N. myself so have a look on here
· SearchNow.com/Royal Navy Crew Lists
Search for Royal Navy Crew Lists! Best CBSi Content On SearchNow.com

Good Luck to Bob, tell him to "Splice the Main brace " if he finds any shipmates !
Oh dear ! Sorry tomtwodogs, it is not for my dad. This is a message put out on facebook and asking people to share. I appreciate your response and will transfer your suggestion to his page.
Thank you. I'm sure you enjoyed many happy times in RN. Here's a nice picture taken of Ark Royal by Chambre Hardman

Photograph of the HMS Ark Royal, taken from the top of Holt Hill in Birkenhead, by Chambré Hardman. The ship had just been painted white, as part of preparations for its launch from the Cammell Laird shipyard by the Queen Mother. This is one of Hardman's most famous photographs, which was retouched in order to create such an impressive picture. For example; the white washed gable end nearest the camera was eliminated by the application of coccine nouvelle (a red dye) to the positive transparency, as it detracted from the contrast of the ship - "I was trying to recreate what I had seen, to produce an effect, and anything that goes against the effect I want, I rule out." E. Chambré Hardman, 1983. In 1958 the image was acquired by the trustees of the American Stephen Tyng Collection. In 1959 it was published in the British Journal of Photography under the title "Where Great Ships are Built" rather than "The Birth of the Ark Royal". The photograph was taken using a 3½ x 4¼ " revolving back Auto Graflex with a Teleros 13" focal length lens on Kodak XX film. (Rob Powell, Photographers Gallery Exhibition 'Photographs in Context' 1983) Exhibited at the Open Eye Gallery in 1980. Displayed in the "Behind the Lens" Exhibition at the Picton Library, Central Library, Liverpool March-May 2004. Taken April 1950
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.

22-08-2017, 05:54 AM

Many thanks for the pic Puddle Duck, that bought back a few memories, and whoever Bob is . I wish him well in his search !
popham mafia
New Member!
MK England
popham mafia is male 

11-12-2017, 02:18 PM

Hi
We are just researching our uncle Frank Houseman
who was a crew member we have one photo of the football team with 1843 squadron HMS Trouncer 1944 hand written on the back
another with a photo of Frank With Sydney stamped on the back
We presume HMS Trouncer must have gone to Australia while Frank was serving on her
Fortunately he passed away in November this year aged 95

Tim
popham mafia
New Member!
MK England
popham mafia is male 

11-12-2017, 02:22 PM

Unfortunately he passed away

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top