Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 09:30 PM

Re: Hmrc

Originally Posted by gasman ->
HMRC have got rid of loads of people, so I am told. At the moment, they are as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. I have received letters from debt collection agencies, working on behalf of HMRC, regarding CIS payments that are owed to them. They, on the other hand, owe me a lot more and both I and my accountant, have phoned, written and e mailed them.
This has been going on since October 2016 and the cretins still haven't paid up. They have now PROMISED me my money by 31.01.18. If it doesn't arrive, we shall be issuing them a summons for the money, plus expenses.
They reduced their staffing levels very many years ago which left them short-staffed then. As the number of staff reduce, the intensity of their investigations increases! I would recommend you get a copy of the Taxpayers Charter and understand what you can expect from them......and what they expect from you. Then I'd leave it to your accountant and hope the word "cretins" isn't in his vocabulary!
Good luck........
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo;1310214[B
]They reduced their staffing levels very many years ago which left them short-staffed then.[/B] As the number of staff reduce, the intensity of their investigations increases! I would recommend you get a copy of the Taxpayers Charter and understand what you can expect from them......and what they expect from you. Then I'd leave it to your accountant and hope the word "cretins" isn't in his vocabulary!
Good luck........

And that understaffing, caused by moving tax fraud inspectors to the DWP to deal with alleged benefit fraud, has now caused serious issues and major investigations are likely to be shelved. What's the betting, the scumbag 'nasty party' insist that all the revelations uncovered by the 'Paradise papers, relating to the squilling away in tax havens of oodles of dosh is at the top of the list to be shelved.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...se-papers-leak
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 08:17 PM

Remember if you offer to pay off outstanding tax owed in monthly amounts they still add interest on the remaining outstanding amount owed.

Best pay off the lump sum in the long run if possible and save a bit in what they charge on the interest rate

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top