Join for free
Page 2 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 05:04 PM

Re: Pub/Restaurant/Shop Etc. Says Loos Are For Customers Only. Is This Mean?

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Flippin heck ... did he think you looked like a homeless person Galty?
What the American friend of my daughter I was with thought I was homeless

Are you taking the piss.

Ok the point of my post was to point out that some business in America put coded locks on their toilet doors to stop the Homeless from using them.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 05:05 PM

Cheeky sod!
Pubs and other businesses such as cafes have a toilet because they serves food and drink. They are obliged by law to do so, but only for their customers (and staff). They can't let every Tom, Dick and Harry walking in off the street using their loos. Imagine if that was taken too far and you got drug pushers and lovebirds needing a quick shag in their toilets just because they are 'handy'.
No, Boozy, get yourself half a pint and a bags of nuts and by all means I'm sure these places will let you relieve yourself suitably.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I figured this thread must be a wind up when I read the title but I guess it's not.

Pub/Restaurants are private establishments.

Toilets there are absolutely NOT for the general public, what a crazy idea !

It would be wholly discourteous and improper to stroll into a licensed pub/restaurant with no intention to buy anything or use their services and to just go to their toilet. It's literally taking the p*ss.

They are entirely right to put up a big sign if ignorant people have been routinely using their facilities gratis.
No Realist.
This thread is not meant to be a wind up, and it is NOT a crazy idea at all.
You obviously have not read everything either in my post, or the Tom Utley Daily Mail article link, or the Use Our Loos initiative link.

I think all that he says there is very valid indeed.
Particularly as councils are closing public toilets left right and centre.

TOM UTLEY on cafes and restaurants opening up their toilets for free
Anyway, my point this week is to hail as national heroes the 11,300 pioneering bosses of shops, cafes, pubs and other firms who have signed up to the new Use Our Loos initiative.

Launched by the British Toilet Association, with sponsorship from Domestos, this is the scheme under which participants display stickers outside their premises, advertising that passers-by are welcome to use their facilities, whether they buy anything or not.

But for most businesses, surely, it’s not just public-spirited to welcome passers-by who’ve been caught short.

It also makes sound commercial sense to lure them onto the premises, where they might be tempted to stop for a bite, a drink or a purchase while there.

Speaking for myself, whenever in the past I’ve dropped into licensed premises to relieve myself, I’ve almost always felt obliged to stay for a pint (a bit of a vicious circle, I grant you).

I can’t see that changing if the pub happens to display a Use Our Loos sticker. If anything, indeed, I’ll feel more inclined than ever to give my custom, as a gesture of gratitude for that selfless welcome.

So let me end with a plea to businesses all over the land.

http://www.btaloos.co.uk/?p=1937

You won’t be sorry — and a great many like me will be hugely relieved.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...lets-free.html

PS.
Wifey and I are off out soon to boogy on down dancing and boozing at our favourite Llandudno Hotel.
The loos there are very nice!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
What the American friend of my daughter thought I was with I was homeless

Are you taking the piss

Ok the point of my post was to point out that some business in America put coded locks on their toilet door to stop the Homeless from using them.
No .. we're talking about taking a 'pee' surely?

So the proprietor of the business wants to confine the use of his loo to his customers .... sounds eminently reasonable to me. I just wondered why the chap would tell you? You'd already know it wouldn't you? Surely he could tell you were a customer.
melfort
borders
melfort is female  melfort has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 05:16 PM

That's where McDonalds comes in handy. No need to buy anything.........................
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 05:38 PM

I notice that very few of the remaining filling stations that are still trading have a rest room.....customer or not.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 05:48 PM

No .. we're talking about taking a 'pee' surely?

So the proprietor of the business wants to confine the use of his loo to his customers .... sounds eminently reasonable to me. I just wondered why the chap would tell you? You'd already know it wouldn't you? Surely he could tell you were a customer.
Try to get this thought your head PLEASE

IT was an American Friend of my Daughter who we were eating with and also me paying that went to the bog first and came back and told me that the Toilet door had a code to open the door.

Code to open the door.

Code to open the toilet door to the toilet to CUSTOMERS which I was and not as you sneered at me as being a homeless person.

Try to understand that if you can which I doubt
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by melfort ->
That's where McDonalds comes in handy. No need to buy anything.........................
You have a very good point there Melfort.
I wonder how many of those piling in to ridicule and have a go this idea/subject ever use McDonalds/Wetherspoons/any pubs or similar businesses to pop into and do a wee or a dump or whatever.
And NOT buy anything in there?

None of us did I hear them say?
I mean.

Surely.
We don't have any mouthy hypocrites here now.
Do we?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

14-08-2018, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
You have a very good point there Melfort.
I wonder how many of those piling in to ridicule and have a go this idea/subject ever use McDonalds/Wetherspoons/any pubs or similar businesses to pop into and do a wee or a dump or whatever.

None of us did I hear them say?
I mean.

Surely.
We don't have any mouthy hypocrites here now.
Do we?
Your good.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 06:17 PM

God no ... I know a lot of councils have closed public loos... and so it follows that museums or libraries have stepped into the breach and as pubic places funded by pubic people that's fine.

But not a business.
Pubs and clubs have nightmares as it is trying to monitor and curtail what goes on in their loos. Often involving criminal activities.
And who foots the bill for cleaning?
Or do you think they should charge?

I was bored so put a deliberate typo in there for those with a keen eye.
Do I win anything?

Page 2 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top