Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 08:40 PM

Parking Ticket

I work on an industrial estate and the parking is horrendous. There is a multi storey car park but I hate using it, it may sound silly but even though there are cameras in there I always feel really vulnerable so I try to get somewhere on the estate out in the open.

Today I found a spot and made sure I parked within the yellow lines and when I came out of work I was horrified to find I had a parking ticket...........£70!! If I pay quickly it gets reduced to £35. Who comes up with these prices?

The ticket stated I had parked adjacent to a dropped kerb which I hadn't noticed. I do remember looking across the road to make sure any traffic coming out of the company opposite where I parked could get out and there were loads of room so I felt it safe to park there and never noticed the dropped kerb a little further up.

I am so cross with myself for not noticing that dropped kerb but it's taught me a lesson and I won't do it again. I can't appeal because the ticket was valid

I guess I'll have to park in the horrible multi storey in future

I could never be traffic warden, I just couldn't give out tickets, I'd feel sorry for the people who was coming out to that ticket LOL.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 09:26 PM

Re: Parking Ticket

To make the matter more irritating, councils are under no obligation to put no parking warning signs at dropped kerbs. In theory, if you have a dropped kerb outside your own house you can't legally park there either unless you inform the local council that it is your property.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I work on an industrial estate and the parking is horrendous. There is a multi storey car park but I hate using it, it may sound silly but even though there are cameras in there I always feel really vulnerable so I try to get somewhere on the estate out in the open.

Today I found a spot and made sure I parked within the yellow lines and when I came out of work I was horrified to find I had a parking ticket...........£70!! If I pay quickly it gets reduced to £35. Who comes up with these prices?

The ticket stated I had parked adjacent to a dropped kerb which I hadn't noticed. I do remember looking across the road to make sure any traffic coming out of the company opposite where I parked could get out and there were loads of room so I felt it safe to park there and never noticed the dropped kerb a little further up.

I am so cross with myself for not noticing that dropped kerb but it's taught me a lesson and I won't do it again. I can't appeal because the ticket was valid

I could never be traffic warden, I just couldn't give out tickets, I'd feel sorry for the people who was coming out to that ticket LOL.
You have to be born fatherless for that.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 09:28 PM

Omg lq i will fetch fruity!!!!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
You have to be born fatherless for that.
hahaha yeah I agree
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

15-08-2018, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Omg lq i will fetch fruity!!!!
ok ta Sweets x
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 10:43 PM

I never knew that .
I have a dropped kerb doesn't stop people from parking opposite it !
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

15-08-2018, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I never knew that .
I have a dropped kerb doesn't stop people from parking opposite it !
I didn't either Muds, we live and learn eh. They make their own damn rules up
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 11:48 PM

Funnily enough, we have just been watching a 'parking' programme on the telly.

One thing they were discussing is people parking with two wheels on the pavement. We see a lot of that these days, and I can appreciate the problem if insufficient space is left on the pavement for wheelchairs and prams.

In one story, it was a police woman who was involved and the motorist who had been given a ticket had actually left space on the pavement, but received a ticket anyway because his wheels were on the edge of the pavement.

He pointed out that he had to do that because people were parked on the opposite side of the road and he, being a responsible person, did what he did in order to leave sufficient room for emergency vehicles. I should add that all the other spaces were occupied and other vehicle owners had also gone on the pavement for the same reason.

To me, that makes sense. Space left for wheelchairs; space left for emergency vehicles.

Anyway, whilst discussions were ongoing, and after the motorist moved his car so as to ensure the wheels were not on the pavement, what should come along but a fire engine (thankfully without blue lights flashing)!

The ticketed motorist pointed out the veracity of his reasons (that had earned him a ticket), and the policeperson's only response and reasoning was that those were the rules!

So many of our problems these days are simply down to a lack of common sense.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

It is worth challenging this as councils often issue tickets incorrectly. Go to pepipoo.com, read the FAQs section, and post both sides of your PCN with your query after you have redacted personal information including reg number and PCN number.

You will need to register on the site with an email address, but please note that Hotmail accounts don't work for some reason.

Other web sites are available for parking charge notices received on private land as the process to appeal is different because it is unregulated, unlike council tickets.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top